Jul to Dec 2019 - Timelines and Guidelines
ALL TIMELINES ARE UPDATED HERE THROUGHOUT THE SEMESTER.
Request candidates to periodically visit this page and read these timelines/guidelines carefully.
The start/end dates are shown in the tables here.
4 Weeks (SET 1)
8 Weeks (SET 1)
4 Weeks (SET 2)
8 Weeks (SET 2)
Start of Course
End of Course
29 September 2019
9am- 12 noon; 2pm-5pm
November 16 & 17, 2019
2 Sessions on each date
9am- 12 noon; 2pm-5pm
Open enrollment to the Course
Close enrollment to the Course
Open exam registration form
Close exam registration form
19 August 2019 10am (exam fees 1000/-)
26 August 2019 10am (last date to pay late fees of 1500/-)
23 September 2019 10am (exam fees 1000/-)
30 September 2019 10am (last date to pay late fees of 1500/-)
NPTEL is an acronym for National Programme on Technology Enhanced Learning which is an initiative by seven Indian Institutes of Technology (IIT Bombay, Delhi, Guwahati, Kanpur, Kharagpur, Madras and Roorkee) and Indian Institute of Science (IISc) for creating course contents in engineering and science. NPTEL provides E-learning through online Web and Video courses in Engineering, Science and Humanities streams.
NPTEL Online Certification Courses
NPTEL is now offering online certification courses through its portal https://onlinecourses.nptel.ac.in. There are 4wk, 8wk set 1 and 2 as well as 12wk courses.
350+ courses are available for the Jul - Dec 2019 semester.
How many exams can one write this semester?
One may write up to a maximum of 6 exams.
2 exams on September 29 and 2 exams each on November 16 & 17, 2019.
Exams can be written in both shifts (9am to 12pm; 2pm to 5pm) on all these exam dates.
Can I enroll to courses using different email ids?
It is advisable to use the same email id while enrolling to multiple courses.
The same email id has to be used while registering for exams also.
Eligibility to register for exams
Eligibility to appear at the exams
Admit Card (Hall Ticket)
The hall tickets for NPTEL exams will be available on NPTEL website. Candidates can download their Admit Card from the website. No printed copy of the Admit Cards will be posted to the candidates. The candidate has to appear at the NPTEL designated Examination Centre to write the exam on the date and time specified in the Admit Card.
Exam City/Centre Change Request
No request for any changes in the Centre or Date/Time specified in the Admit Card will be entertained.
Due to operational constraints, NPTEL reserves the right to add a new city or remove an existing one, and allot a city that may not be from any of the choices selected by the candidate.
What NOT to bring during exam
Physical calculators, mobile phones and wristwatches are strictly prohibited and candidates possessing these in the examination hall (even if not using) will be disqualified. An on-screen calculator will be provided during the exam.
No snacks or water will be allowed to be taken inside the hall.
Exam scores will be published as and when they are signed off by the concerned course instructor. Once scores and e-certificates are released, candidates are notified by email and/or sms. Candidates are given 6 days to verify the scores and report errors, if any.
If the candidate comes across any errors and wants the certificate to be re-printed, he/she has to pay Rs. 200 to NPTEL.
NPTEL supports the "Go green" initiative.
We will be publishing only e-certificates henceforth.
Hard copies of certificates will not be printed.
NPTEL will not conduct supplementary exams. The college may look into creating question paper using already published Assignments for the particular course and grade it. This can perhaps be considered for the supplementary exam. In this case, NPTEL will not be issuing certificates for these students.
NPTEL Coordinators decision is final
In all matters concerning the exams, the decision taken by NPTEL Coordinators will be the final and binding on all the applicants.
PAY Via SPOC
FOR CANDIDATES WHO ARE PAYING VIA THE LOCAL CHAPTER OF YOUR COLLEGE:-
1. In the exam form, you will fill all the details and also upload photo, signature.
2. Ensure that you had selected your college name correctly from the drop-down list in the form.
3. Payment of exam fees - click on the tab - 'PAY VIA SPOC'.
The SPOC has to now confirm to NPTEL that he/she will pay fees on your behalf.
If the SPOC says NO, you will be intimated via email.
Then it becomes your responsibility to come back to the exam form and make the payment.
If you do not pay the exam fees within the prescribed time, you will not be able to write the exam.
1. NPTEL routinely sends email notifications to all candidates (to their registered email id) regarding any new developments with respect to extension of deadlines, other announcements, etc. Candidates are expected to check emails on a regular basis. We also suggest that you check your inbox and spam/junk boxes for emails. The consequences of neglecting NPTEL email notifications will have to be borne by the candidate.
2. The deadlines given here will be strictly adhered to. Candidates are advised to keep visiting NPTEL portal for regular updates on schedule of events in case of any unexpected natural/national situations.
3. Delays or disruptions in service due to breakdown of NPTEL computer servers (due to reasons beyond the control of NPTEL) shall be rectified as early as possible and notified on NPTEL portal. The decisions of NPTEL in this regard shall be final and binding.