Spring Web Design Syllabus Instructor: Gina Hansen
- Develop a basic web page with basic HTML links, images, objects, and forms.
- Edit and manage web pages in a WYSIWYG or text editor.
- Be able to demonstrate use of a document object model (DOM).
- Manage Web sites with the use of Web editing software.
- Publish and upload a Website with a uniform look and feel.
- Design and develop a web site.
- Use basic HTML or CSS markup, to upload images & objects to a website.
- Design and troubleshoot external document objects, text, and graphics.
- Format text & lists using tags.
- Add backgrounds, images, hyperlinks, anchors & connect other online media.
- Apply Style Sheets.
- Display graphics and image maps.
- Create navigational tables, search functions and styled menus.
- Create & format tables.
- Create & modify interactive forms.
- Work with layers and behaviors.
- Creative Suite CC: Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign, Dreamweaver,
- Useful Freeware: Notepad++, GIMP, MS Paint, MS Notepad
- 50% Projects
- 25% Attendance & Participation
- 25% Daily Work Assignments
NOTE: Students who pass with a B or better and score 80% or higher on the Final Exam may receive College Credit for taking this course via Arapahoe Community College CWB 130 (Web Editing Tools).
- Good attendance is required.
- Projects and exam can be completed during lab time. Each student’s work must be unique. All assignments are due as indicated.
- Students requiring special consideration due to physical or mental limitations should make prior arrangements with the instructor to ensure appropriate assistance.
Students interested in studying Web Design and other related courses should consider Arapahoe Community College’s Computer Graphics Certificate
Computer Science 2018-19
Foundations of Web Design
Columbine High School