Buckhorn High School
Parent Directions for Using CANVAS
First, Students Must:
- Students must generate a PAIRING CODE for observers in Canvas. Students will need to login to their school’s Canvas account and then click on their Account Settings.
- Select Pair with Observer from the right hand menu bar.
- Canvas will generate a Canvas Pairing Code that will allow parents/guardians to create a Canvas Observer Account. NOTE: This pairing code expires in 24 hours.
Next, Parents/Guardians Must:
- Use Google Chrome or a newly updated version of Internet Explorer to navigate to https://mcboe.instructure.com
- Click on the white writing which reads “Parent of a CANVAS user? Click Here For an Account”. If you don’t see the Madison County Schools seal, you are on the wrong Canvas site!
- Click on the “Start Participating” button.
- You will then enter CANVAS. Click on the “Account” link in the upper left hand corner of the screen. Then click on “Settings”.
- Under the “Ways to Contact” menu, enter an email address and/or cell phone number
- You can also edit “Notifications” within your Canvas account. This will allow you to get up-to-date information based on your specifications.
- If you have more than one Madison County School’s student, you can click on “Observing” and enter the next student’s pairing code.
- When you wish to login to CANVAS again: Navigate to: https://mcboe.instructure.com, enter your email address and password.
- Once in CANVAS, use the “Courses” button to select the course you would like to explore/observe.