Immediate Job opening for a Daily Operations Manager
The 501c3 Non-profit Duluth MakerSpace has a paid position open. DMS is a cooperative workshop with a full woodshop, metalshop, craft room, tech room, and more. A monthly membership grants full access to the tools/equipment/knowledge housed there as well as a discount on classes. Our members are a really interesting and fun mix of creative folks. By taking this position you would be a key part of an educational and artistic asset of our community.
- Help ensure the safety of our members and visitors by coordinating staff coverage.
- Give tours to walk-ins and help orient new members and volunteers.
- Be around during public hours -or- make sure any volunteer shifts are covered.
- Help support occasional DMS efforts of member drives, outreach, and events.
- Manage volunteers and be a communication conduit both in-person and online.
- Keep members and board apprised of happenings and changes at the space.
- Hours: ~25hrs/week - mostly weekend and evening hours. 7 days/week but with flexibility of days off via volunteer coverage.
- Compensation: Depends on candidate, qualifications, and budget. Likely $12k - $20k as we are limited by current year's budgets. Future years would likely see increases.
Preferred Candidate Qualities:
- Flexible self-starter, with leadership and organizational skills.
- People-person, easygoing and clear communicator.
- Honest, trustworthy, good judgement, patient - valued character qualities.
- Willingness to learn new things and share with others.
- Desire to teach and help others and share knowledge.
- Knowledge or willingness to learn tools and safety in various shop areas.
Apply for Position:
If interested please email a reply with the following to:
Subject: Operations Manager Position
- Do you have any experience around woodworking/metal shop safety? (not required but helpful)
- Are you comfortable learning or using computer and internet basics: Emailing, Facebook, etc. postings
- Are you a good communicator and responsible? The job will offer flexibility for days off, but it will be your job to make sure volunteers are managed properly.
- Are you an easy-going individual who can enjoy being around people of all types and backgrounds? We need our space to be inviting and welcoming to all.
- Would you be flexible outside of normal hours if there was an emergency or a need for a scheduled tour, etc. (Or would you have another job, etc.)
- Are you physically able to lift 30+lbs? We have lots of equipment,storage bins, and misc that may need moving and handling.
- Why would you make an ideal candidate?
Include your preferred contact information -- thank you for your time and interest!
Duluth MakerSpace 3001 W Superior St Duluth MN 55806 -- www.DuluthMakerSpace.com -- info@DuluthMakerSpace.com