DEWEY PUBLIC SCHOOLS
Chromebook Responsible Use Agreement
1:1 Technology Initiative
I acknowledge that I have reviewed the Dewey Public Schools (DPS) 1:1 Technology Guidelines, which detail the instructional goals, implementation policies, and the care of the Chromebook. I further understand that an individual technology device will now be a necessary educational item at DPS but we will NOT issue a device to a student until his or her parent or guardian has signed this agreement.
I understand that the student is expected to:
- Take reasonable steps to ensure that the Chromebook is not damaged or stolen.
- Keep the Chromebook in the protective case supplied when not in use.
- Leave all DPS labeling in place and in its original condition.
- Bring the Chromebook to school fully charged every day.
- Use the Chromebook at school and at home in a responsible manner.
- Download district approved apps and extensions to help with educational activities.
I understand that the parent/guardian is expected to:
- Ensure my child meets the expectations of the DPS 1:1 Technology Initiative as outlined in the 1:1 Technology Guidelines.
- Supervise and monitor my child’s use of the Chromebook away from school.
- Pay the cost of repairing or replacing the Chromebook should the device be damaged, lost, or stolen; or if the student leaves Dewey Public Schools without returning the Chromebook. The cost may be mitigated if I choose to participate in the DPS student Chromebook Protection Plan.
Please select one of the options below for your student’s participation in the 1:1 Technology Program.
- I have elected to participate in the Chromebook Protection Plan . This includes a yearly fee. See protection plan fee schedule within the 1:1 Technology Guidelines.
- I OPT OUT of the Chromebook Protection Plan Agreement for this school year, recognizing that I am responsible for the full cost of damaged/lost technology items checked out to my student associated with the 1:1 Technology Initiative.
- Bring My Own Device - students will be allowed to bring their own electronic device as long as the device has no connectivity issues. I understand that by choosing this option, all technology usage policies and procedures still apply and Dewey Schools assumes no responsibility for loss, theft, damage, or repair to the student owned device.
Student Name: ________________________________________ Graduation Year: _______________
Parent Name: _________________________________________ Parent Home/Cell Phone: (____)__________ Parent Email: _________________________________________
Parent Signature: ______________________________________ Today’s Date: _______________