11 Reasons to List
During The Holidays
- People who look for homes during the Holidays are more serious buyers!
- Serious buyers have fewer houses to choose from during the Holidays and less competition means more money for you!
- Since the supply of listings will dramatically increase in January, there will be less demand for your particular home! Less demand means less money for you!
- Houses show better during the Holidays!
- Buyers are more emotional during the Holidays, so they are more likely to pay your price!
- Buyers have more time to look for a home during the holidays than they do during a working week!
- Some people must buy before the end of the year for tax purposes.
- January is traditionally the month for employees to begin new jobs. Since transferees cannot wait until spring to buy, you need to be on the market during the Holidays to capture that market!
- Even though your house will be on the market, you still have the option to restrict showings during the six or seven days around the Holiday!
- You can sell now for more money and will provide for a delayed closing or extended occupancy until early next year! Secure the sale for a buyer not ready to close until early next year.
- By selling now, you may have an opportunity to be a non-contingent buyer during the spring, when many more houses are on the market for less money! This will allow you to sell high and buy low!