- Interface with Vice-President of Engineering, President, and external engineering resources.
- Capture, contribute to, document, and prepare 3D models of advanced, creative, minimally actuated robotic fish designs.
- Create or facilitate animation of minimally actuated robotic fish designs.
- Work in a team to develop and implement innovative solutions for minimally actuated systems in composite watercraft comprising:
- Composite isolation chamber for Torque Reaction Engine (“TRE”) containing:
- Electric motor; battery frame mounted to motor; internal main batteries in battery frame, separated from the hull by air gap; motor controller on battery frame, separated from the hull by air gap; double-sided motor drive-shaft mounted to interior of isolation chamber; induction battery recharge and management; short distance (<12”) hull-to-motor communications.
- Isolation chamber mounted to hull.
- Composite hull comprising:
- Fluke mount(s); steering and fluke flexure control mechanisms; external batteries and battery recharge and management; inertial guidance systems; medium and long distance RF communications (WiFi, cellular, satellite)
- Flexible sheet and injection molded urethane components which attach to fluke mounts and steering and fluke flexure control mechanisms
- Beneficial: Interest in use of human body as a research platform; willingness to swim in the ocean with robotic fish.