Last modified: September 28, 2022
The Information We Collect
• Information provided to Yellowbox, such as when you create your account or when accounts are created on our system during the user provisioning process.
• Information created when you use our services, such as usage and device information.
• Information from other sources, such as Yellowbox partners and third parties that use Yellowbox APIs.
The following information is collected by or on behalf of Yellowbox:
1. Information you provide
This may include:
• User profile: We collect information when you create or update your Yellowbox account. This may include your name, email, phone number, password, payment or banking information (including related payment verification information). This also includes the preferences and settings that you enable for your Yellowbox account.
• User content: We may collect information that you submit when you contact Yellowbox customer support, or otherwise contact Yellowbox.
2. Information created when you use our services
This may include:
• Location Information
Depending on your app settings or device permissions, we may collect your precise or approximate location information as determined through data such as GPS, IP address and WiFi.
As a user of the Yellowbox service, Yellowbox collects location information based on acquiring the location of Yellowbox lockers in the vicinity.
• Transaction Information
We collect transaction details related to your use of our services, including the type of services you requested or provided, your booking details, length of service, date and time the service was provided, amount charged and payment method.
• Usage information
We collect information about how you interact with our services. This includes information such as access dates and times, app features or pages viewed, app crashes and other system activity, type of browser, and third-party sites or services you were using before interacting with our services. In some cases, we collect this information through cookies, pixel tags, and similar technologies that create and maintain unique identifiers.
• Device Information
We may collect information about the devices you use to access our services, including the hardware models, device IP address, operating systems and versions, software, file names and versions, preferred languages, unique device identifiers, advertising identifiers, serial numbers, device motion information, and mobile network information.
Information from other sources
These may include:
• User feedback.
• Users requesting services for or on your behalf.
• Users or others providing information in connection with claims or disputes.
• Third parties whose API’s Yellowbox uses.
• Publicly available sources.
Yellowbox uses the information it collects for purposes including:
1. Providing services and features
Yellowbox uses the information we collect to provide, personalise, maintain and improve our products and services. This includes using the information to:
• Create and update your account.
• Verify your identity.
• Enables the provision of the locker service.
• Process or facilitate payments for those services.
• To track the overall time of usage of the locker service.
• Enable features to personalise your Yellowbox account, such as configuring a PIN code to access your locker via the external keypad, and to enable quick access to previous locker locations.
• Perform internal operations necessary to provide our services, including to troubleshoot software bugs and operational problems, to conduct data analysis, testing, and research, and to monitor and analyse usage and activity trends.
2. Safety and security
We use your data to help maintain the safety, security and integrity of our services and users. This includes, for example:
• Using device, location, profile, usage and other information to prevent, detect, and combat fraud or unsafe activities. This includes processing of such information within Australia, to identify practices or patterns that indicate fraud or risk of safety incidents.
The data that we use is held within Australia, and that any data may be used in areas outside of Australia.
3. Customer support
Yellowbox uses the information we collect (including recordings of customer support calls after notice to you and with your consent) to assist you when you contact our customer support services, including to:
• Direct your questions to the appropriate customer support person.
• Investigate and address your concerns.
• Monitor and improve our customer support responses.
4. Research and development
We may use the information we collect for testing, research, analysis and product development. This allows us to improve and enhance the safety and security of our services and develop new features and products.
5. Communications from Yellowbox
Yellowbox may use the information we collect to communicate with you about Yellowbox products, services, news and updates.
6. Legal proceedings and requirements
We may use the information we collect to investigate or address claims or disputes relating to your use of Yellowbox services, or as otherwise allowed by applicable law, or as requested by regulators, government entities, and official inquiries.
Cookies And Third Party Technologies
• Authenticating users.
• Remembering user preferences and settings.
• Determining the popularity of content.
• Delivering and measuring the effectiveness of advertising campaigns.
• Analysing site traffic and trends, and generally understanding the online behaviours and interests of people who interact with our services.
You have the right to choose whether or not to accept cookies. However, they are an important part of how our Services work, so you should be aware that if you choose to refuse or remove cookies, this could affect the availability and functionality of the Services.
Most web browsers are set to accept cookies by default. If you prefer, you can usually choose to set your browser to remove or reject browser cookies. To do so, please follow the instructions provided by your browser which are usually located within the "Help" or “Preferences” menu. Some third parties also provide the ability to refuse their cookies directly by clicking on an opt-out link.
Information Sharing And Disclosure
Yellowbox may share the information we collect:
1. With other users
This includes sharing the users first name, last name, phone number and locker location with another user during the transfer of locker access.
2. At your request;
This includes sharing your information with:
• Yellowbox business partners For example, if you requested a service through a partnership or promotional offering made by a third party, Yellowbox may share your information with those third parties. This may include, for example, other apps or websites that integrate with our APIs, services, or those with an API or service with which we integrate, or business partners with whom Yellowbox may partner with to deliver a promotion or a specialised service.
3. With the general public when you submit content to a public forum
Through the public posting on our various online network channels. When you communicate with us through those channels, your communications may be viewable by the public.
4. With Yellowbox subsidiaries and affiliates
We share information with our subsidiaries and affiliates to help us provide our services or conduct data processing on our behalf.
5. With Yellowbox service providers and business partners
Yellowbox may provide information to its vendors, consultants, marketing partners, research firms, and other service providers or business partners. This may include, for example:
• Payment processors and facilitators.
• Cloud storage providers.
• Marketing partners and marketing platform providers.
• Data analytics providers.
• Research partners, including those who act under Yellowbox’s behalf
• Vendors that assist Yellowbox to enhance the safety and security of its apps.
• Consultants, lawyers, accountants and other professional service providers.
• Insurance and financing partners.
• Location partners, including venue security, facility managers, service staff and IT staff.
6. For legal reasons or in the event of a dispute
Yellowbox may share your information if we believe it is required by applicable law, regulation, operating agreement, legal process or governmental request, or where the disclosure is otherwise appropriate due to safety or similar concerns.
This includes sharing your information with law enforcement officials, government authorities, insurance providers, or other third parties as necessary to enforce our Terms of Service, user agreements, or other policies, to protect Yellowbox’s rights or property or the rights, safety or property of others, or in the event of a claim or dispute relating to your use of our services. If you use another person’s credit card, we may be required by law to share information with that credit card holder, including the transaction information.
7. With your consent
Yellowbox may share your information other than as described in this policy if we notify you and you consent to the sharing.
Information Retention And Deletion
Yellowbox requires user profile information in order to provide its services, and retains such information for as long as you maintain your Yellowbox account.
Once such information is no longer necessary to provide Yellowbox services, enable customer support, enhance the user experience or other operational purposes, Yellowbox takes steps to prevent access to or use of such information for any purpose other than compliance with these requirements or for purposes of safety, security and fraud prevention and detection.
You may request deletion of your account at any time through the settings in the Yellowbox application.
Following such request, Yellowbox deletes the information that it is not required to retain. In certain circumstances, Yellowbox may be unable to delete your account, such as if there is an outstanding credit on your account or an unresolved claim or dispute. Upon resolution of the issue preventing deletion, Yellowbox will delete your account as described above.
Yellowbox may also retain certain information if necessary for its legitimate business interests, such as fraud prevention and enhancing users' safety and security. For example, if Yellowbox shuts down a user's account because of unsafe behaviour or security incidents, Yellowbox may retain certain information about that account to prevent that user from opening a new account in the future.
Choice And Transparency
A. PRIVACY SETTINGS
• Location Information
o Yellowbox uses the users device location services to make it easier to find a particular locker location.
o You may enable/disable, or adjust, Yellowbox’s collection of location information at any time via the settings on your mobile device. If you disable the device location services on your device, your use of the Yellowbox app will be affected.
• Notifications: Account and Service Updates
o Yellowbox will provide users with notifications related to the services they use. This may include reminders about their active bookings and about new messages from yellowbox staff in relation to support requests or tickets the user has raised. Users are given the option to allow or deny Yellowbox from sending them notifications, which can also be configured via their device’s system settings.
B. DEVICE PERMISSIONS
Most mobile platforms (iOS, Android, etc.) have individual types of device data that apps cannot access without your consent. And these platforms have different permission systems for obtaining your consent. The iOS platform will alert you the first time the Yellowbox app wants permission to access certain types of data and will let you consent (or not consent) to that request. Android devices will notify you of the permissions that the Yellowbox app seeks before you first use the app, and your use of the app constitutes your consent.
C. USER DATA REQUESTS
You may request:
• Accessing data: Users can ask for an explanation of the data we collect from them and how we use it.
• Receiving data: Users can ask for a copy of data that Yellowbox collects from them with their consent or as necessary to provide our services.
• Changing or updating data: Users can edit the name, phone number, email address and payment method through the account settings and wallet in the Yellowbox app menu. They may also ask that Yellowbox change or update their data, including if they believe such data is inaccurate or incomplete.
• Deleting data: Users may request deletion of their account at any time through account settings in the Yellowbox app menu.
• Objections, restrictions, and complaints: Users may request that we stop using all or some of their personal data, or that we limit use of their data. Yellowbox may continue to process data after such objection or request to the extent required or permitted by law.
If you make a request, we have a month to respond to you. If you would like to exercise any of these rights, please contact us at our email: email@example.com.
In addition, depending on their location, users have the right to file a complaint relating to Yellowbox’s handling of their personal data with the data production authority in their country.
Updates To This Policy
We may occasionally update this policy. If we make significant changes, we will notify you of the changes through the Yellowbox app or through other methods of communication. To the extent permitted under applicable law, by using our services after such notice, you consent to our updates to this policy.
It is important to review this policy regularly for information regarding these practices.