Everyone at Grace North is encouraged to participate in our annual 21-day fast beginning January 7 and ending January 27.
Guidelines for what to fast during these 21 days are not provided, as you are asked to go before the Lord to get instructions on what you should do. Though as a congregation we fast and pray together for these 21 days, the pastoral team actually recommends you consider a “fasted lifestyle”, incorporating fasting and prayer as part of your regular spiritual disciplines.
Reasons To Fast
· When you are in need of healing or a miracle
· When you need the tender touch of God in your life
· When there is a dream inside you that only He can make possible
· When you are in need of a fresh encounter
· If you desire a deeper, more intimate and powerful relationship with the Lord
· If you are ready to have heightened sensitivity to the desires of God
· When you need to break bondages that have been holding you hostage
· When a friend or loved one needs salvation
· When you desire to know God’s will for your life
We believe that if we pray, seek God and give Him our best at the first of the year, He will bless and set the course for our ENTIRE year! “But seek first the kingdom of God and His righteousness, and all these things shall be added to you” (Matthew 6:33)
As Christians, we are mandated to pray, fast, serve and give. These disciplines release the power of God in our lives, our families and our church.
Fasting is a principle that God intended for everyone to be able to enjoy. It’s not a punishment; it’s a privilege! By making fasting a way of life, you get closer to God and grow in your spiritual walk like never before. Fasting is one of the most powerful weapons God has given us for our daily lives. You will experience a release from the bondage of sin...restoration in your relationships...financial blessings... spiritual renewal...supernatural healing and so much more!
We’re glad you’ve decided to commit to GNFAST2018: PRAYER FOR THE NATIONS. Seek the Lord. Ask Him to show you areas to target during your time of fasting and prayer. Start with a clear goal and make a commitment to stick to it. Be ready to grow in your walk like never before.
Remember, “He is a rewarder of those who diligently seek Him!” According to Hebrews 11:6, your inheritance is about to be released!