Minutes for Joslin Memorial Library Board Meeting
6:00 P.M. at the Joslin Memorial Library
Date: November 14, 2018
Jean called the meeting to order at 6:05
Present: Trish, David, Carol, Jean, Sally, Liz
Additions or Deletions: None
Approve Draft Minutes: Unanimous
Liz reported on a successful author’s talk.
6 books were recently given to Fayston’s newborns and 6 to Waitsfield’s
Billy Schloss has joined the Friends’ board
Librarian’s Report: Katie will submit by email
Children’s Librarian’s Report: Anna will submit by email
Front Steps and Leaks:
1. Repairs to front steps: Liszt did repairs 3 years ago. Some of repair material has crumbled. Ken met with Liszt.
2. There had been leaking into bottom floor with water permeating through cement. More Irene damage than had been known before. Leaking down through the steps.
3. Paul Liszt recommended another specialist (Mark Nicholson) from Barre who applied sealer to interior walls.
4. Jean recommended that we take the money from our extraordinary repairs line of the budget.
1. Jean and Trish have been attending construction meetings.
2. The heating system is now changing from oil to gas.
3. Progress is slow but moving along.
1. Ask Katie to come up with a schedule to cover vacation weeks. Jean has discussed this with her.
2. Katie has been filled in on State report and Town Meeting reports she’ll need to complete.
1. Deb Feldman won’t be here some Saturdays because of taking a course. Katie is willing to cover.
1. Carol will see if Joy has an updated policy manual to act as a guide on updating our policies.
1. Trish has generated a letter, which Board members reviewed and approved. The Board will implement mailing, if the town concurs, in late November or early December.
Building Stewards’ Report: None
David presented a look at the budget balance sheet for this past year. The Board also reviewed the profit and loss budget vs. actual expenditures.
The next regular meeting will be January 9th, 2019
David moved to adjourn, Sally seconded. Meeting closed at 7:45.
Carol Hosford, Secretary