Fri., 12/21 -
8:25am Students will report to their class advisors.
7th to Mrs. Ross
8th to choir room
9th to Mr. Merrick
10th to cafeteria
11th to Ms. Schoephoerster
12th to Mr. Theisen
9:55am - students dismissed to attend 10:00 movie in auditorium
11:55am - lunch. 7 & 8th to gym, then lunch as usual. Following lunch students will go to gym or library until the buses arrive.
12:30pm - School will dismiss with regular routes at 12:55. There will be no late shuttle. All students should be out of the building by 1:00 PM.
If a student intends to leave school early on Fri., 12/21, their parent MUST contact the school BEFORE 10:00am on Fri., 12/21. Those who do not follow this procedure will not be allowed to leave early Those who leave early without prior approval will be considered as unexcused absence with appropriate consequences.
Early Dismissal --
Fri., 12/21 - WR out at 12:05
01. Lunch today:
Breakfast tomorrow: Cereal bar, yogurt, fruit, milk
Lunch tomorrow: Stuffed crust pizza, corn, fruit, milk
02. College/Military Reps:
Fri. Jan. 11, MN West law enforcement, 11:30 am during lunch in cafeteria
Thurs. Jan. 24, MN West, 10:00 am
03. LIFE 101/DYNAMIC READING NOTES:
Tues., 1/8 - Dynamic Reading, P6b
04. FFA NEWS:
05. SENIOR NEWS:
06. Scholarship Deadlines
Feb. 15- Basin Electric Power Coop (Redwood County students)
March 8- Redwood Electric- Operation Roundup (Redwood County)
07. New books in the library.
Sparks Ignite by Hannah Beth
A fugitive in her own country and on top of the most wanted list, Safira Rofisca has only one way of escape-marriage to a man she’s never met. Two souls from completely different worlds must trust their faith to overcome many obstacles.
08. FRC ROBOTICS anybody 8th grade or higher interested in joining the group that gets to play all the time email Mr. Lee at email@example.com with your parent's email to get you on the roster. The season starts with the KICKOFF January 5.
09. WWG OAP PRACTICE -
Fri., 12/21 - No Practice
Thurs., 12/27 - noon-3:00
Fri., 12/28 - noon-3:00
10. The school board approved a 1/2 credit required Lifetime Fitness class.
-Starting with class of 2020, 10-12th grade will be required to take a Lifetime Fitness course to graduate high school.
-You can get a jump start on this by taking Lifetime Fitness 2nd semester as a skinny period 5, as a quarter 3 block in period 3, or as a quarter 4 block period 3.
Talk with Mrs. Ourada if you would like to make scheduling changes to meet the Lifetime Fitness requirement..
11.Starting 2nd semester, students will have ONE DAY, the first day of the new semester, to make changes to their schedule. Make changes before the end of the first day, or no changes to schedule will be accepted. Take a look at your 2nd sem. schedule online. You can make changes with Mrs. Ourada anytime before the 2nd day of 2nd semester.
12. Book Club’s next selection is Vampire Academy by Richelle Mead. We will meet at the end of January to discuss this intriguing fantasy/mystery. If you would like Mrs. Kletscher to order you a copy of the book on Amazon, please see her. The current price is $8.59.
13. FCA will meet THURSDAY, JANUARY 4, 2019 in Mrs. Byers' room for lunch. A little change in schedule, so take note!
14. **UNEXCUSED ABSENCES**
Reminder -- All student absences must be excused by a parent/guardian communicating with the school the reason for absence. When the school does not receive communication for the absence within 2 days of the absence, the student’s absence will be considered unexcused. Beginning January 2 those with unexcused absences will earn 2 hours detention. Please remind your parent to let us know why you are absent.
15. The Earth Yes class is collecting old or even broken Christmas lights. If you have Christmas lights that are not working please bring it to the Earth Yes class in Mr. Merrick’s room. We would really appreciate you doing it.
Did you know switching to LED lights helps it helps you save money. The more you know the less you pay.
17. There will be no OPEN GYM in Westbrook or Walnut Grove this Sun., 12/23/18.
01. Weekly Progress Reports are due on Wednesdays. Reports are printed by 7:45 AM on Thursdays.
02. Pay only the taxes on the $200 value for a year long Fitness Membership to the WWG Fitness Centers and enjoy unlimited use all year long. Each year the WWG School Board offers all regularly employed WWG staff an Annual Membership to the schools Fitness Centers.
Each calendar year, employees can choose to be a member. If you have been a member in the past, you will need to renew your membership each December for the upcoming year. If you would like to join, please contact me this December. Thanks, Jane Hass
03. Calendar Raffle tickets for sale!!!!
Winnings: 47 Weekly Drawings of $100
4 Drawings of $250
1 Christmas Drawing 2019 of $500
*** Your ticket stays in the drawing all year long....even if you've already won!!!! This would make a great Christmas gift for that hard to buy person on your list!
*** Proceeds go towards scholarship funds for the KUTK Foundation.
04. For those of you that do not work over Christmas Break, can you have your completed and signed time cards / time sheets turned in on Friday. Thanks, Jane Hass
Mon., 2/4 - ECFE at WB, 5:30. No ECFE in January.
WEEKLY CALENDAR OF EVENTS
Fri., 12/21 - School dismisses at 12:30.
BB, Holiday Tourney at Minneota, 6:00 PM. Bus leaves WB at 3:55.
WR at Redwood Falls Tourney, 4:00. Bus leaves WB at 12:15.
Sat., 12/22 - BB, Holiday Tourney at Minneota.
WR at Redwood Falls Tourney.
Mon., 12/24 - Christmas Eve, NO SCHOOL
Tues., 12/25 - Christmas Day, NO SCHOOL
Wed., 12/26 - NO SCHOOL
Thurs., 12/27 - NO SCHOOL
BB at Wabasso, 3:45-Csquad, 5:00-BSquad, Varsity to follow.
Fri., 12/28 - NO SCHOOL
WR at Benson Tournament, 10:00 AM
Mon., 12/31 - New Year’s Eve, NO SCHOOL
Tues., 1/1 - New Year’s Day, NO SCHOOL
Wed., 1/2 - School Resumes