NYC COVID-19 Resource List
COVID-19 Contacts: 2
COVID-19 Testing: 2
Testing With Insurance (Check your coverage with your insurance provider): 2
Testing Without Insurance Coverage: 5
More Offices & Sites (Multiple Locations in Greater NY Area): 6
Types of Testing: 7
What To Do If You’re Sick: 7
Mental & Emotional Health During an Outbreak: 8
JBS NYC 24-Hr COVID-19 Hotline: 1-607-622-0758 email@example.com
JBS NYC Dorm & Admin: 1-646-554-8305 firstname.lastname@example.org
New York City COVID-19 Health & Hospitals Hotline: 1-212-COVID19
Please call your insurance and the provider to verify any possible testing or appointment fees you may incur. Testing for COVID-19 is widely available throughout New York State. Individuals who have questions about COVID-19 testing should call the New York State COVID-19 Hotline at 1-888-364-3065 or visit the NYSDOH website. We recommend that you contact your current medical providers to see if they are offering COVID-19 PCR or Antigen testing.
Testing With Insurance (Check your coverage with your insurance provider):
- NY State Test Site Look-up Tool: Statewide *includes free resources
- Community-Based Testing Sites for COVID-19: US Dept of Health and Human Services - Nationwide
COVID-19 tests are available at no cost nationwide at health centers and select pharmacies. The Families First Coronavirus Response Act ensures that COVID-19 testing is free to anyone in the U.S., including the uninsured. Additional testing sites may be available in your area.
- Covered by most insurance
- Walk-ins only. You may pre-register online which will save you time at check-in and provide an estimated time of arrival.
- Offers antigen, antibody, and PCR tests, expedited PCR available for $225
- Antigen turnaround time: 3 hours; PCR turnaround time: 24 hours; Expedited PCR turnaround time: 3 hours
- Results for antigen test: delivered by email and/or text from Medrite
- Results for PCR test: delivered by email/and or text from Medrite’s lab partners
- Greenwich Location (closest to Joffrey Ballet School):
405 6th Ave New York, NY 10014
264 Elizabeth St. New York, NY 10012
- PCR and antigen testing available at the following airports: Newark Liberty International airport, John F. Kennedy International airport and LaGuardia airport
- PCR results will be available by phone within 48 hours, antigen testing results available in as little as 60 mins
- Mobile test site offers rapid antigen and non-rapid PCR testing to all patients.
- For LaGuardia: Complimentary parking adjacent to the test site for those who drive to the airport to be tested. You can access the test site via the first level of our Terminal B parking garage. Open seven days a week from 8 a.m. to 7 p.m. with no appointment necessary.
- For Newark Liberty International Airport:
- Terminal C, Level 1 (near baggage carousel 7)
Hours of operation: Monday-Sunday, 8 AM – 6 PM
- Terminal B, Level 3 (near front entrance)
Hours of operation: Monday-Sunday, 8 AM – 6 PM
- For John F. Kennedy International Airport:
Terminal 4, Level 1 (near Central Diner)
Hours of operation: Monday-Sunday, 9 AM – 7 PM
- JFK has additional testing sites, with different tests, turnaround times, and costs. Please check the website and test provider.
- Covered by most insurance, walk ins accepted
- If dancer being tested is a minor accompanied by an RA,
- Offers antigen, antibody, and PCR tests
- West Village Location (closest to Joffrey Ballet School):
331 6th Ave, New York, NY 10014
- NOHO Location (closest to East Third):
654 Broadway, New York, NY 10012
- LabQ Mobile Testing (several locations):
- Covered by most insurance, walk ins accepted
- Offers antigen, antibody, and PCR, and rapid PCR tests
- Rapid PCR tests cost $249 and are the only pay out of pocket option
- Results in 1-2 days for PCR, and up to an hour for antigen and rapid PCR tests
- Results will be provided when ready on the LabQ Patient Portal. If you registered with your email address, you will receive an email when the results are available.
- If you do not have access to email, you can call our patient center 888-LabQ-247
- Washington Square location (closest to East Third):
Washington Square North & 5 Ave, Manhattan, NY 10011
Mon-Thurs: 8am- 6pm
- Walk-ins available, can aso make an appointment HERE
- 492 6th Avenue New York, NY 10011
- COVID-19 Rapid Testing: $130, in-network insurance copayment, coinsurance or deductible may apply. Results in 15 minutes.
- COVID-19 RT-PCR 30 Min. Test: $225. Turnaround time 30 Minutes, not covered by insurance.
- COVID-19 RT-PCR Standard Test: Free with listed insurances. $250 without insurance. Turnaround time 48-72 hrs.
- Care Cube (several locations):
- RT-PCR swab $225 out of pocket
- Rapid antigen swab test $200.00 out of pocket
- Results in 30 mins or longer depending on patient volume.
- Accepts insurance, covers IN-NETWORK ONLY diagnostic COVID-19 testing without patient cost sharing whether you are asymptomatic, symptomatic, or do not have a confirmed exposure.
- NY Doctors Urgent Care: West Village (65 W 13th), Murray Hill, other NY and NJ locations
- Schedule appointments for COVID antigen/PCR testing up to 1 day in advance, walk-ins also accepted.
- Locations are open Mon - Fri: 8:00am - 8:00pm | Sat - Sun: 9:00am - 4:00pm
- Accepts most insurance plans
- Offer antibody, antigen, and PCR tests.
- Access results here with a patient ID or confirmation of name, date of birth, and phone number: https://newyorkdoctorsurgentcare.com/lab-results/
Testing Without Insurance Coverage:
- NYC COVID Express Testing: Bronx, Brooklyn, Manhattan, Queens
- Free rapid testing by appointment only, no insurance necessary.
- Test results are available within 24 hours or less of your visit, most patients will receive their test results on the same day as their visit. After your test, you can get your results:
- Online by creating a MyChart account. After scheduling your appointment, you will receive a link to create an account. You may use an existing account from a previous visit to an NYC Health + Hospitals facility to view your results.
- Or, return to clinic two to three business days after your test to pick up printed results
- Text “COVID TEST” to 855-48 to find a no-cost testing site near you
- DocGo/Rapid Reliable Testing
- Free PCR and Rapid Antigen testing with a fleet of mobile testing units that are deployed across the 5 boroughs, no appointments or insurance necessary!
- Turnaround time for PCR is 24-48 hours, antigen takes up to 20 mins
- Results are viewed through a patient portal, which is set up at the site
- Note: Map primarily shows the hours for mobile sites one day at a time
- NYC Health & Hospitals: All boroughs, Mobile, Rapid, & Self Testing Sites
- No appointment needed, most insurance plans covered.
- Website also lists locations open for pickup of free at-home rapid testing kits. (One kit per person)
- This dashboard displays estimated wait times for NYC Health + Hospitals COVID-19 testing locations that are updated by site staff every two hours: https://hhinternet.blob.core.windows.net/wait-times/testing-wait-times.pdf
PROVEN PASS is extending a very special discount to Joffrey Ballet and its artists! Please click
below to order your rapid antigen tests or if you already have FDA approved unexpired tests
choose “proctor” and you will only pay for the online testing service. A certificate of the negative
result will be sent through email and SMS the same day.
Coupon Code applied at checkout: Joffrey2022
To easily schedule appointments click link below:
If you have additional questions about the service please email email@example.com.
Option 1. PROCTOR APPOINTMENT ONLY: $15.00 per student or teacher
Dancer supplies a non-expired, FDA approved/authorized Rapid Antigen test and schedules a
test online. Proven Pass will monitor the dancer while they take the test and give instructions.
Option 2. RAPID TEST AND PROCTOR APPOINTMENT: $30.00 per student or teacher
Includes one Rapid Antigen Covid-19 test and one proctoring appointment. Proven Pass
provides one test and one testing appointment through their online portal and attests to the
results. Parents schedule the test, dancers are given instructions and are monitored as they
take the test. Tests take 7 business days to arrive in the US.
- Use this search engine to find a test site near you! Search engine has a default filter for locations that have been verified as free testing locations
- Not all testing sites listed are affiliated with the NYC Test & Trace Corps, and some may charge for testing. Call the testing site before you go to confirm hours of operation and whether any charges are involved.
More Offices & Sites (Multiple Locations in Greater NY Area):
- Bethany Medical Clinic: NYC & NJ locations
Book a virtual appointment. Covered by most insurance plans; fee without insurance at several locations
- PCR Swab: Mid-nasal swab used to detect active infection, covered by insurance, $100 with no insurance, results in 1-2 days
- Rapid Nasal Swab used to detect active infection: covered by insurance, $150 with no insurance, results in 15 minutes
- Antibody Testing: Blood draw used to detect past infection, covered by insurance, $100 with no insurance, 1-2 days
- One Medical Group: locations in NYC & Brooklyn
- NOTE: Does not test kids under the age of 14
- When you click on “COVID-19 Care” in the One Medical app, you will be presented with three options: “COVID-19 Rapid PCR Test”, “COVID-19 PCR Test” and “COVID-19 Symptoms Consult & Testing”. The first two options include only a test sample collection.
- The “Rapid” option will get your result back to you within 24 hours. This is ideal for travel or time-sensitive situations. Due to limited testing supplies for this type of testing, please only use this if the 2-3 day result time frame of the standard “PCR Test” doesn’t meet your needs. These are both five to ten minute appointments at a One Medical office or testing site, intended for those seeking access to testing alone.
- If you would like more time with a provider to review your symptoms, select the second option, “COVID-19 Symptoms Consult & Testing.” This is a 30 minute appointment offered in our offices only, intended for individuals looking to be examined and personally discuss their symptoms and treatment plan in addition to completing all relevant testing.
- One Medical is not charging any fees directly to patients for testing services or specimen collection. However, the labs processing these tests are. While most national insurance payers have committed to covering these testing costs, you may receive a bill from the lab if you are uninsured. If you receive other services in addition to COVID testing in the same visit, you will receive a standard bill for the additional services.
Types of Testing:
Travel - CDC:
Coronavirus Disease Travel Guidance - WHO:
How to Disinfect Your Space on an Airplane - NY Times:
What To Do If You’re Sick:
If you have symptoms, call your healthcare provider. If you don’t have a doctor, the city
can help you find one by calling 844-692-4692 or 311, regardless of your immigration or
- Symptoms & What to Do If You Are Sick - NY Dept of Health:
- NYC How to Safely Separate At Home:
- NYC COVID-19 Hotel Program:
Mental & Emotional Health During an Outbreak:
- Coping & Emotional Well-Being - NYC Dept of Health:
- Manage Anxiety & Stress - CDC:
- Coronavirus: How to Protect Your Mental Health - BBC
- Helping Children Cope with Emergencies - CDC:
- Coping with COVID-19: Dance Specific Recommendations - The Dance Docs:
- Coronavirus Anxiety Workbook - The Wellness Society:
- NYC Well: Free 24/7 Mental Health Support:
Text “Well” to 65173
- NY Project Hope: New York's Covid-19 emotional support helpline
Call 1-844-863-9314 7 days | 8am-10pm
24 Hour Support: Text GOT5 to 741741
*These providers are not endorsed or guaranteed by JBS; this is a resource list compiled from information available at the time of list creation. Testing location, cost, and result time are subject to change and should be verified with the provider.