`Tiger Mountain Music Ltd.
Lesson cancellation policy
- Cancellation of a lesson must be made AT LEAST 24 hours prior to the scheduled lesson time in order to receive a make-up lesson (for definition of a make-up lesson, please see below). This includes leaving messages on the answering machine, e-mail, or through our contact page.
- Teachers at the studio will make-up 2 lessons per year. Any cancelled lessons over this amount will be considered forfeited and will still incur a charge.
- No shows or failure to notify the school/teacher within 24 hours is considered a forfeited lesson.
- If you know of dates ahead of time where you/your child cannot make a lesson, please notify the school as soon as possible.
- There are NO refunds on unused or cancelled lessons.
- Should you decide to stop taking lessons altogether, the studio requires 2 weeks notice.
Make up lessons
- Lessons cancelled at least 24 hours ahead of the scheduled lesson will receive a make-up lesson at a time convenient to both the teacher and the student (up to 2 per year).
- Should you choose to forego a make-up lesson, you will still be charged for the original lesson.
- A make-up lesson can be booked with your teacher directly.
- Payments can be made via Cash, Cheque, or Interac eTransfers (to email@example.com), Visa, or Mastercard.
- For convenience, we can keep your credit card number on our secure server and run the lesson fees when they come due. Receipts and e-mail reminders will be sent out to let you know when the fees are due or have already been paid with credit on your account. Auto-billing can be set up by you upon receiving your first invoice.
- All lesson fees are due within two weeks of the invoice issue date. Invoices are sent out on the first of every month and will contain an itemized list of lessons rendered and incurred expenses (lesson books) from the previous month.
- On the rare occasion when an invoice goes unpaid for a length of time that puts us at risk as we pay our teachers whether payment for their services has been received or not. Going forward, a late fee will be implemented for payments past 2 weeks with 5% of the outstanding balance that will compound every two weeks thereafter.
- There are NO REFUNDS on unused or cancelled lessons.
Holidays / school breaks
Exceptions will be made with respect to School breaks, Christmas, March Break, Religious and Statutory Holidays, however, we remain open for Pro-D days. Please advise your teacher as soon as you know you will have to miss a lesson and consult the calendar on our website if you’re ever unsure when we are closed. As some private schools have a 2 week March break, we will allow a skipped lesson for the week that coincides with the SD68. If a student will be missing both weeks during the march break, the 2nd week will be marked down for a make-up lesson.
When your teacher cancels
In most cases, when your teacher cannot be here, we will find a suitable substitute teacher and the lesson will continue as regularly scheduled. If your teacher cancels a lesson and we are unable to find a substitute teacher, we will skip over that weeks lesson and resume the following week.
Please print, sign, and return
Student name Name of guardian (if applicable)
Staff and teachers
Tiger Mountain Music Ltd.
#3 - 7221 Lantzville Rd.
Lantzville, British Columbia