New Technologies in Ag Extension (NTAE) Year 4 Application Form
New Technologies for Ag Extension (NTAE) is a grant from USDA-NIFA in partnership with Oklahoma State University and it will begin its fourth year starting on September 1st, 2022. The Foundation is inviting your project and program teams aligned with USDA and ECOP strategic goals/priority program areas to apply and receive some funding and support from the Extension Foundation for one full year. Programs with a special focus on diversity, equity and inclusion, and climate are encouraged but this is not a requirement. All land-grant universities are welcome to apply regardless of membership status in the Extension Foundation. Depending on the type of project, there is up to $60K in Fellowships available, and all projects receive support from Extension Foundation Catalysts, Coaches, and Key Informants. Catalysts are experienced CES Administrators that provide mentorship and guidance to projects, and Key Informants have subject matter expertise across areas such as publishing, evaluation, partner development, leadership and team development, project management, marketing, and more. Projects have access to these resources to advance their projects. Through NTAE, the Extension Foundation provides a set of services most projects rarely have access to. The services that create deeper impact, greater leverage for impact and greater sustainability for the project. These services in collaboration with the great ideas and planned projects make for extended successes and sustainability of projects.
Institutional and Team Contact Information Section
- Please identify your institutional region
- Institution name
- Team Lead/Fellow Contact Information
- Project Team: List the primary team members for this project. Table items to include are: Name, Title, Affiliation, and Team Role. Teams must have at least three (3) members and can consist of a variety of support roles such as Fellow role, administrative role, or community members, (who are actively involved currently), evaluator, etc. A person can serve in multiple roles and realize roles may change over time.
- Extension Director/Administrator Contact Information
- Please upload a Letter of Support from your Extension Director/Administrator
- What stage do you think your project is currently?
- To help us better understand your project’s progress at the time of application, select all stages of implementation that apply. This information will help us determine what value we can provide to your proposal through catalyst and key informant support. Please select all that apply.
- Issue: Has been clearly identified
- Team: Has been formed around the issue
- Partnerships: The team has engaged with the audience, community members, and/or partners in the co-creation of the project
- Audience: Has been clearly identified and/or engaged
- Outcomes/Projected impact: Have been identified
- Ideation: The team is developing solutions to address the issue
- Inputs: The team is characterizing the issue further getting insights from others (including the audience) or identifying needed resources to develop and deliver the program
- Program Development/Planning: The team is building out the program/activity
- Pilot Delivery/Assessment: The team has been delivering and evaluating project pilots (replicated as needed)
- Iteration: Using the project pilots modified with assessment data
- Implementation/Assessment: There has been final delivery and evaluation of the project
- Acceleration: There is regional and/or national implementation
- Project Title
- In what month or year was your project conceived?
- Please select which USDA strategic goal(s) your proposed project aligns.
- Strategic Goal 1: Combat Climate Change to Support America's Working Lands, Natural Resources and Communities
- Strategic Goal 2: Ensure America's Agricultural System is Equitable, Resilient, and Prosperous
- Strategic Goal 3: Foster an Equitable and Competitive Marketplace for All Agricultural Producers
- Strategic Goal 4: Provide All Americans Safe, Nutritious Food
- Strategic Goal 5: Expand Opportunities for Economic Development and Improve Quality of Life in Rural and Tribal Communities
- Strategic Goal 6: Attract, Inspire and Retain an Engaged and Motivated Workforce that's Proud to Represent the USDA
- Please select how your proposed project aligns with ECOP priorities.
- Broadband Access and Digital Skills
- Climate Mitigation, Resiliency and Adaptation
- Diversity, Equity and Inclusion
- Economic and Workforce Development
- Health Equity & Well-Being
- Nutrition Education and SNAP-Ed
- Urban Programs and Urban Agriculture
- 4-H Positive Youth Development
- Does your project work with veterans or veteran farmers?
- Please explain briefly how your project works with veterans or veteran farmers. (300 words max)
- What specific issue or need is involved? What makes it important to address? (300 words max)
- What makes your project inclusive and equitable? How does this audience represent diverse interests and the community affected? (300 words max)
**Questions 10 -13 are only for Acceleration and Expansion Projects**
- Please provide your Why/Purpose Statement. *Please note the Why Statement will be covered in the May 3 and 24 workshops. (300 words max)
- Describe your project’s intended audience and what your project will achieve. Include a Unique Value Proposition (UVP) statement for your proposed project. *Please note the UVP Statement will be covered in the May 3 and 24 workshops. (500 words max)
- Share your intended results and initial plan to measure those results by completing the Impacts worksheet. Resources include the impact description and download impact worksheet to complete and upload. *Please note that Impacts and the worksheet will be covered in the May 3 and 24 workshops.
- Please describe in detail how you plan to evaluate the success of your project? (300 words max)
Office of Sponsored Programs/Business Office Contact Information Section
- Administrative Contact Information
- Financial Contact Information
- Authorized Official Contact Information
- Legal Address
- Administrative Address
- Payment Address
- Submission Email
APPLICATION AVAILABLE AT EXTENSION.ORG/APPLICATION