National Tuneup Rules
- Check-in Information
Each team must check in with a tournament representative upon initial arrival at your Field Complex on Saturday and prior to your first game. (If a tournament official is not available at one of our remote complexes, you may play your game(s) and check in when you arrive at Helen Randle Park.)
- You must provide a copy of your insurance. (ALL TEAMS MUST HAVE VALID PROOF OF INSURANCE IN ORDER TO COMPETE.)
- You must have a team Roster (this is a non-sanctioned event so any roster will do - spreadsheet is fine). The roster must include player names, numbers, and birthdates.
- You must be prepared to provide proof of age for your players if asked at any time during the tournament.
- It is the manager or coach’s responsibility to verify your schedule daily to make sure that no changes have been made. It is also your responsibility to know your field assignments and start times for all games. Please be ready to start at the scheduled time even if the game before you is delayed.
- Game Rules (PGF w/the following exceptions):
- Games are 7 innings or 1 hour 25 minutes - finish the inning.
- Run Rule: 10 after 4, 8 after 5, 6 after 6
- Home Team is determined by coin-flip, the team traveling the farthest calls the toss.
- If a game is tied after 7 innings and the time limit has not been reached, a new inning can start using the International Tie-breaker. If, after the time limit has been reached and teams have finished the inning, ties are allowable.
- Courtesy runners are allowed at any time.
- Unlimited Defensive Substitutions
- You may bat your entire lineup; batting order must remain consistent throughout the game
- Pitching Distances: 43’
- Reporting Scores / Seeding
- Teams must report their scores to a Tournament Official at the end of each game.
This is a non-protest tournament. The home plate umpire will settle rule disagreements at the time they occur. Please do not argue. Remember the spirit of the tournament. Umpires are instructed not to take any abuse from players, coaches or fans. If an umpire feels that anyone is overly abusive towards them, that person will be asked to leave the complex. If that person fails to leave in 5 minutes, their team will forfeit the game. Upon review by the tournament director they could forfeit all remaining games. Let’s show the girls that we’re here for them and act with dignity even if a call goes against us! Remember, “Sportsmanship Begins With You!”
- Warm Up…..No infield and outfield practice after the first inning………..!
No practicing on infields at any time! You may use the outfield and any area outside of the playing area to warm-up. Pitchers are allowed 3 warm-up pitches. Pitchers may warm-up on sidelines while her team is batting.
It is recommended that each team bring their own first aid supplies. If a player on your team experiences an injury that requires immediate medical attention, call 911. You should also contact Tournament personnel. Players who are or were unconscious or who are experiencing neck/head injuries should not be moved off the field.
- Weather Contingencies
In case of uncontrollable circumstances or interruptions due to weather, the Tournament Director reserves the right to alter the tournament format in any way necessary to reach a conclusion. This can include, but may not be limited to, shortened game times, fewer games guaranteed or playing rule changes. Games interrupted might not be resumed. Everything possible will be done to get the players on the field as soon as possible.
- NO SMOKING is allowed on the fields, dugouts, bleachers or concession areas.PLEASE KEEP THE FIELDS AND PARK AREA CLEAN!! Please pick up your trash after the game and place it in the receptacles provided near the dugout. Thank you and enjoy the tournament!