Friday 2nd March 2018
LI: To write some bad excuses.
SC: I can use ideas from ‘There’s a Boy in the Girl’s Bathroom’ to help.
Bradley comes up with excuses for everything - Mum can’t come to the conference meeting because she’s sick. My Mum already knows the counsellor - they go bowling together.
What excuses can you think of for why you couldn’t go somewhere for do something? A common one is: The dog ate my homework! Make a list below. The more extreme the better!
- I didn’t bring my homework because my sister chewed it all up.
- I didn’t come to school because someone kidnapped me.
- I didn’t come to the party because I had dinner in the clouds.
- I couldn’t make it at the school zoo trip because my money got burnt.
- I couldn't come to the mall because I lost my mums shopping.
- I couldn’t come to the library cause I got burgled.
- I can’t come to school because the police said.
- I can’t be your friend because you didn’t bring me a lollie.
- I can’t come to your birthday party because me and my mum are going to feed the gorillas.
- I didn’t bring my homework because my friend stole it.
- I couldn’t come to school because me and my mum are going to change my name.
- I didn’t come to your party because me and my mum had to go to the hospital for my broken leg.
- I can’t make it at school because I’m going to the movies with my teddy bear
- I can’t make it at school because I am having lunch with the dragons.
- I can’t be you friend because you didn’t bring me a gun.
A synonym for flabbergasted is like someone surprised you
The synonyms is astonish, astonish means surprised or impressed.