~ Shabbat “From Turkey to Ethiopia”
Join us this shabbat as we celebrate and learn the culture of the Ethipian Jewish community.
● Hodesh Kislew Tov to all the twins! ● Təfilat ‘Erev Shabbat @ 2BM @ 4:21pm
● Shaḥarit: 8:30am ● First Kaddish: 8:55am
● Shəma‘ Yisrael: 9:15am - all kids participate! ● Youth Groups: See the Bayit Bulletin for all programs ● Teen Tefila - it can happen only with you, teens!
● Parasha: 9:45am ● Yimlokh: 10:40am - All kids are welcome to join!
● Dvar Torah: 10:45am by Akiva Small on Esaw & Ya’akov
● A Quiz From Turkey to Ethiopia - After Tefila 11:25am. A quiz in celebration of Thanksgiving and Sigd.
● Kiddush: 11:45am - Kiddush with a special mark of the Ethiopian Jewish community is sponsored by Members & Friends of Beth Aharon in celebration of our many traditions.
● Learning Service: 9:45am-11:00am with Livya Tinestit at the 2FL.
● After Minḥa Mila baParasha: Understanding a word in our parasha. This week “‘Adashim - עֲדָשִׁים”: What’s the meaning of the word; why did Ya’akov cook it and not another food; and why is it gassy? Basic (and love of) Hebrew is sufficient. At 2BM.
● After Minḥa The Listening Room with Myra Estelle at the LBM.
● After Minḥa Daf baTalmud: Daf yomi with the Dafers @ the 3FL.
● After Minḥa Shiur baḤayim: Shiur in the main sanctuary: Dr. Rivka Weill "Is Judicial Impeachment of the Israeli Prime Minister Constitutional?"
● Rəfuaa Shəlema to ‘Am Yisrael wounded bodies & souls and the sick: Reuven ben Aliza, Menachem ben Yehudit, Yig’al ben Sulika, Ruben ben Avraham López & Ela, Amir ben Malka, Daniela Ester bat Mona, Yonit bat Yehudit, Ilana bat Victoria, and Michal Haya bat Tamar.
● Thanks YOU all BANners & Friends for joining us at the BA 20th Anniversary Dinner; Great many thanks to all those who supported and volunteered. Special thanks to Rav Dov Lerea, Rav Avi Weiss, and Rav Aharon Exler, on words of wisdom; to the Beth Aharon Board on planning and execution: Ami Aharon, Akiva Small, Shoshana Smauels, Miryam Elefant, Tali Michaeli, and Roberta LaMot; to Yael Oshinsky, Richard Langer, and to the Bayit: Bryan, Geo, and Eric for amazing great help!
● Many Thanks to the Sigal-Molina family for sponsoring kiddush last shabbat.
● Blessings to Americans on celebrating Thanksgiving and to The Ethiopian Jews and Israel on celebrating Sigd. ● Happy Birthday to June Cohen, Leib Litman, and... YOU!