11/13 Student Wellbeing Collaborative
Title: Student Wellbeing Collaborative
Goal: health entities to learn about resources available to them, share their plans for the quarter and offer opportunities to collaborate
Meetings: Once a quarter
- Welcome and Sign Ups
- Encourage collaboration
- Destigmatize health issues
- Send us information to share
- Help create posters for upcoming events
- Collab with OCOMM
- Tabeling for RSO at EBEB
- Suicide Prevention Speaker, partner for Mental Health Awareness Month in May
- ASUW Campus Partnerships Andrew
- Serve on Board of Directors
- Student Safety Week
- Resolutions in student senate
- Education oriented safety programming (active shooter training, de escalation training)
- Development of the Staff Wellbeing Collaborative; who and what we do
- DRS, Counseling, Health and Wellness
- How do different units align around a common agenda for student health
- SWC come together to discuss challenges that come in between us working together
- Centralized Wellness Website: how students can get involved
- Everyone has their own website: where do I go to get help?
- Incorporate most important information at one place
- Who wants to help provide feedback for this website? Want student support for what students are looking for
- Wellbeing for Life and Learning Initiative
- Thinking about how we can bring content about health and wellness into classrooms
- Create a way to integrate value of wellbeing
- How can we as a student judge what will work and not work?
- Being driven by student life and academics
- Hall Health: opportunities for RSOs to get involved
- Flu Vaccine Clinic (ECC / Commuter Transfer Commons / Residence Halls
- Insurance enrollment event with ECC (governor coming to)
- Student Insurance: What’s going on… How can RSO’s get involved?
- Universal health insurance
- Student council on insurance - looking for people interested to work on this
- Meet with legislators who are interested in supporting changing the law to change what universities can and can’t do.
- Need students to talk about the student experience
5:15-5:40 - Megan and Andrew
- Goal settings and expectations
- What do you want the SWBC to be/accomplish?
- Is there a common issue we all want to work on together? Use the next meeting to work towards this goal? (Andrew)
- how do they address intersectionality in their RSO
- Mental Health / Resources
- Look at the memorandum
- Read it and discuss what should be prioritized
- Create a formal request/discussion with Ana Marie
- How can health RSO’s be more connected and aligned in the future?
- Platform to explain what people are currently doing
- Look at one goal from the mental health task force (system change)
- Tangible changes and small action steps and connecting to the bigger picture, Advice in real time and recommendations
- What is your RSO passionate about?
- Peer education?
- Nische groups?
- Increase awareness of misconception of language
- More interpreters / policy change for HUB reservations
- Collaboration via facebook group → 1:1’s
- Visibility for events
- Minimize overlap of events
- Determine what events are NOT happening on campus so we can pick topics to tackle (find gaps)
- Increase access to health insurance
- SWBC membership
- Overlap in events (sticky notes)