CALLING ALL LOCAL FOOD LOVERS AND AMATEUR CHEFS!
Coupeville Farm to School is hosting the 4th Annual
‘Cook For A Cause’
to support the Coupeville School Gardens Program.
Are you ready to show off those amazing cooking skills you’ve been honing on friends and family?
WHAT: A fun-filled cooking competition for amateur chefs that highlight our local food. There will be 5 categories: COCKTAILS, APPETIZERS, MEAT ENTREES, VEGETARIAN ENTREES, AND DESSERT.
▪ 5-6 cooks will compete in each category.
▪ Awesome prizes will be awarded to the top cook in each category, with additional awards for “People’s Choice” and “Student’s Choice”.
▪ All entries should highlight our local food system.
▪ Each cook should prepare enough to provide 30 small portions.
▪ Judges assigned to each category will taste all entries and select the winner.
▪ After judging is complete, guests will be invited to sample freely from all categories.
▪ Each cook should prepare their dish prior to arriving at the venue. (Minimize last minute preparations, please!)
WHO: The event is hosted by Coupeville Farm to School, but the stars of the evening will be our ‘Cooks for a Cause’!
WHEN: Thursday, July 26, 2018. 5:30-8:30pm
WHERE: Whidbey Island Nordic Lodge, 63 Jacobs Road, Coupeville, WA 98239
WHY: The Coupeville School Gardens program is a community-driven effort to help our kids get excited about learning through gardening, growing their own food, setting healthy eating habits at a young age, and enjoying the abundance of their local food system. Funds from this event will support the Coupeville School Garden Coordinator position, new AmeriCorp position, and continued program expansion to serve elementary, middle and high school students. This annual event raises over 50% of our annual budget!
CONTACT: Please contact laura Luginbill with questions.
Email: email@example.com Phone: 360-763-0299