2021 TRAVEL GUIDELINES as of 05/24/21
issued by Monhegan Plantation’s COVID-19 Task Force:
- Maine no longer requires proof of a negative test or quarantine for travelers to the state. If any states see a spike in cases of highly contagious COVID-19 variants, Maine will announce its test or quarantine requirement to travelers to and from that state. You can read the latest state guidance for Maine at: https://www.maine.gov/covid19/.
Postpone travel to Monhegan if you are experiencing symptoms
of COVID-19 or believe you have been exposed to this virus.
AT THE WHARF & ON THE FERRY:
- Cloth face coverings are required in ticket offices and on all mainland and island ferry wharfs and ferries per US CDC order. Bring your mask please.
Thank you for your patience and cooperation.
Maine’s face covering guidance can be found at: https://www.maine.gov/covid19/faqs/face-coverings
- If anyone in your party is exempt from Maine’s face covering requirement, please alert ferry staff before loading so accommodations can be made for crew & passenger safety.
- If anyone in your party must maintain quarantine while traveling to/from Monhegan, notify ferry staff before (or upon) arrival. You will be directed to an exterior section of the ferry for your party’s trip. In cold/bad weather, discuss safe options with ferry staff. Bring appropriate dress for wind & spray.
- If you have an underlying health condition or are otherwise at higher risk if exposed to COVID-19, consider travel on less busy ferry trips.
Help reduce congestion on the Monhegan Wharf: For those arriving to Monhegan, designate one person to help identify and/or load your luggage onto a vehicle/cart while others in your party wait uphill or proceed to their place of lodging.
Monhegan has NO formal emergency medical resources; the risk of COVID-19 further limits response and care. Bring a thermometer. Know the symptoms.
THANK YOU FOR DOING YOUR PART TO KEEP COVID-19 FROM SPREADING TO OTHER PASSENGERS, BOAT CREWS & TO MONHEGAN.
For more info. go to Monhegan Plantation website to view “COVID-19 Resources”: http://www.monheganplantation.com/covid-19-resources.html