Value of Reflection - Relevant Reading
Cultivating Reflection in Teaching Practice - KPBSD Leadership Academy 2019
The following list was curated by the University of Edinburgh and can be found in their Reflection Toolkit Bibliography
- Carrington, S. & Selva, G. (2010). Critical social theory and transformative learning: evidence in pre-service teachers’ service reflection logs. Higher Education Research & Development, 29(1), 45-57.
- Carson, L. & Fisher, K. (2006). Raising the bar on criticality: students’ critical reflection in an internship program. Journal of Management Education, 30(5), 700-723.
- Duijnhouwer, H., Prins, F.J., & Stokking K.M. (2012). Feedback providing improvement strategies and reflection on feedback use: effects on students’ writing motivation, process, and performance. Learning and Instruction, 22, 171-184.
- Feest, A. & Iwugo, K. (2006). Making reflection count. Engineering Education, 1(1), 25-31.
- Ferreira, J.-A., Keliher, V. & Blomfield, J. (2013). Becoming a reflective environmental educator: students’ insights on the benefits of reflective practice. Reflective Practice, 14(3), 368-380.
- Gardner, F. (2009) Affirming values: using critical reflection to explore meaning and professional practice. Reflective Practice, 10(2), 179-190.
- Kori, K., Mäeots, M. & Pedaste, M. (2014). Guided reflection to support quality of reflection an inquiry in Web-based learning. Procidia – Social and Behavioral Sciences 112, 242-251.
- Lew, M.D.N. & Schmidt, H.G. (2011). Self-reflection and academic performance: is there a relationship? Advances in Health and Science Education, 16, 529-545.
- Malthouse, R., Watts, M., & Roffey-Barentsen, J. (2015). Reflective questions, self-questioning and managing professionally situated practice. Research in Education, 94, 71-87.
- McCrindle, A. R. & Christensen, C. A. (1995). The impact of learning journals on metacognitive and cognitive processes and learning performance. Learning and Instruction, 5, 167–185.
- Quinton, S., & Smallbone, T. (2010). Feeding forward: using feedback to promote student reflection and learning – a teaching model. Innovations in Education and Teaching International, 47(1), 125-135.
- Wagner, K. (2016). Benefits of reflective practice. Leadership.