College Station - 71st Annual IRECA Conference & Challenges
November 15-16, 2018
Timeline of events:
- Thursday, November 15, 2018
- 8:00 am - 8:30 am -- Everyone meets for introductions
- 8:30 am - 12:00 am -- Meet with TEEX staff; discuss applicable sections of included agenda, as well as any other items as necessary. (Gary/Sean/Arlene/Paul G/Casey)
- Rescue Chairs to tour the facility and decide what props will be used for the challenge events, during this time. (Byrd/Obie/Erwin/David/Luke/Randy/Reggie)
- 11:30 am/12:00 pm - 1:30 pm -- Break for lunch with CVB (exact time TBD)
- 1:30 pm - …? -- Continue meeting with TEEX staff; continue working at hotel after
- Friday, November 16, 2018
- 8:00 am - 10:00 am -- Meet with hotel (Gary/Sean)
- 10:00 am - 12:00 pm -- Fall Planning Meeting
- 12:00 pm - 1:30 pm -- Break for lunch
- 1:30 pm - …? -- Continue Fall Planning Meeting as needed
- Saturday, November 17, 2018
- Conference administration
- Conference Theme ideas
- Budget, Vendors, Sponsors Update
- Be the Match
- Education sessions - ideas?
- Costs per individual
- Taxes - Check book - finances update
- Done by WBM in January
- Talk with Luke Frost
- Rules updates?
- Technical Rescue
- Locations at TEEX
- Needs from TEEX
- Locations at TEEX
- Needs from TEEX
- Association administration
- Webmaster update
- Would like IFW link on website
- Upload videos/YouTube of working fire (see Reggie)
- What has Jim done so far? Changes/updates/revisions?
- Financials update
- IFW magazine
- New patches? Challenge coins? New logo? Branding items?
- Ride-alongs with local ambulance?
November 15, 2018
Present: Clint Arnett, Casey Richardson, Paul Gunnels, Obie Cambre, Byrd Reed, John Winkelman, Reggie Nalley, Alex Villareal, David Fullbright, Alex Mandy, Arlene Presley, Gary Leafblad, Sean Ahlers
- Explanation of Roles
- Casey - Marketing
- Clint & Alex M. - Logistics
- Gary - Chair
- Sean - Deputy Chair
- Arlene - Treasurer
- Explanation of the Schedule
- Discussion on “First right of refusal”
- Winning teams should have first dibs on registering (suggested)
- Each company should be allowed one team per competition (suggested)
- Beyond that...it’s up to what is open for teams
- CMC is on board to be a Platinum Partner
- Do we need more platinum sponsors?
- Does the Platinum sponsor need to cost more?
- Need to be co-branded with TEEX
- Want to have a trophy on site at TEEX in the museum
Break into groups…. Chairs with Paul/Alex M. - Gary/Sean/Arlene with Casey
- Anticipate 200ish attendees
- Add Diamond Level to the sponsorship chart
- At the hotel vs at TEEX
- Per Casey….better turnout if held at TEEX, plus moulage space
- Biomedical Science majors, volunteers, corps cadets, etc?
- EMS students, medical students? Disaster day volunteers?
- Draw of people out at TEEX? Easier to manage out here, per Clint
- Monday - Meet’n’Greet Reception - sponsorship?
- Tuesday - President’s Reception - sponsorship?
- Cancel the Wednesday reception
- IDs and Lanyards donated by TEEX
- Created at TAMU
- Gift bag - Casey is working on solidifying
- CC creations
- TEEX gift shop
- Preparing for the future?
- Building on our foundations?
- Casey will work on… tie in with promotional materials
- Solidify the dates for 2020 conference
- Transportation between the field and the hotel
- Costs include the driver… but possible with the TEEX bus
- Need to reserve ASAP
- Trams too… and there’s a fee for them
- Multiple lots surrounding if needed
- Only providing food for judges and victims
- Certain requirements to provide food at the field; TEEX can provide food as part of a contract, but pretty expensive
- Meal tickets through cvent?
Break for Lunch
- TO DO from Challenge Chairs
- Closed circuit TV -- TEEX
- Black tables/coolers/drinking water -- TEEX
- Tents -- TEEX
- Parking plan -- TEEX
- Competitors in one place
- Spectators in a different place
- Color Flag System -- IRECA/TEEX
- To know where they are headed between scenarios
- What about team escorts??
- Rotation plan for TR/4M/BLS -- IRECA
- Tables/Chairs -- TEEX
- Portable restrooms -- TEEX
- Lunch -- IRECA
- Judges/victims food is provided
- Competitors are on their own
- Volleys/Victims -- IRECA/TEEX
- How many do we need… when, where, and to do what
- Moulage team -- TEEX
- Stadium seating -- TEEX
- NO Alcohol on site
- Seclusion area? -- TEEX
- Sponsor setup at hotel and TEEX
- TEEX will handle at TEEX
- IRECA will handle hotel setup
- Everyone is responsible for trying to recruit sponsors
- Who is leading this charge? IRECA? TEEX?
Registration window for existing teams (top 3?) around Jan 15. Come Feb 1st….open to the public.
5-year and 10-year plan
...up to 3 weeks of things?
BLS at the hotel or at TEEX