Wine + Peace Values Policy
Wine + Peace is committed to supporting and promoting independent wineries engaged in making handcrafted wines on a small scale. We recognize that handmade wine in the U.S. exists on a spectrum, and wineries on our Platform may come in different forms. However, to preserve the principles and practices that align with our values, and which underlie our business model, Wine + Peace requires that all Seller Wineries adhere, at a minimum, to the following criteria and values:
- Your annual production must not exceed 100,000 cases.
- No single wine sold on the site can exceed 10,000 cases in annual production.
- Fruit may not be sourced from a vineyard that exceeds 100 acres.
- No percentage of your winery is owned or controlled (or equivalent economic interest) by an outside corporate or private entity that is itself not a small winery.
- Low-intervention winemaking (a minimum use of additives (sugar, acidifiers, and powdered tannins, etc.) and technological manipulations (spinning cones, micro-oxygenation, etc.
- Organic/biodynamic/regenerative/permaculture. We want to support and highlight winemakers who are seeking alternatives to synthetic fertilizers and forgoing the use of chemical herbicides, fungicides, and pesticides. If you don’t quite meet this criteria, but agree that it’s important, let us know and maybe we can help you get there.
-If you are not growing the grapes yourself, we ask that you please confirm this information with the person who is!
- Certifications are welcome, but not required
- We see equitable labor practices as the core tenant of sustainability, and thus we require that wineries treat employees fairly and humanely.
- Be willing to be transparent with us and with consumers about farming, production and fair labor practices.
By signing the Seller’s Agreement - which incorporates this Policy by reference - you confirm that your winery meets these criteria.