Present: Stephen Wright, Karen Peterson, Dave Green, Pattric Langley, Margo Glass, Alan Smith
- Continued good financial status.
- Membership - Alan
- Race Operations - Pattric
- Still working on outlining an ambassador program.
- Communications - Stephanie
- Turkey Trot Update - Dave
- Work for our big event is going well. Registrations are close to last year’s, slightly under.
- Discussion of packet pickup, on-site registration, and day of event logistics.
- Free event races for volunteers, replacing ORRC Bucks. Establish rules on 1) can be applied to 10K series?, 2) can vouchers be transferred? and 3) is it valid for half and full marathons?, for starter discussion. Turkey Trot will continue to offer $5 coupons for Max riders.
- Q1: Would this reward apply to our 10K series registration fees? No. Nor to ORRC club membership.
- Q2: Can vouchers be transferred? Technically yes, but we will not advise people that they can be transferred.
- Q3: We had a long discussion about the “value” attributed to volunteering at our events. We noted that our volunteers at our ultra-distance events contribute longer service than those at shorter distance/time events.
- Q3 continued: Motion to reward event volunteers (except at ultra-distance events) with a coupon code valid for one of our 10K or less distance events. Motion passed.
- Estimated attendance is ~500 attendees.
- Approval to proceed with discussions with RRCA.
- Portland Hilton Hotel best equipped for this type of educational conference with multiple tracks.
- Election of 2017 Officers, and renewal of Dave Green and Margo Glass board terms of service.
- Dave Green service as Treasurer was renewed.
- Margo Glass service as Marketing VP was renewed.
- Election of officers occurred and was approved.
- President: Stephen Wright
- VP of Race Operations: Pattric Langley
- Treasurer: Dave Green
- VP of Marketing: Margo Glass
- VP of Membership: Alan Smith
- Karen Peterson volunteered to fill our open Director of Community Relations position. Thanks, Karen!
- Separately, Karen Peterson has volunteered to be the Recording Secretary for the ORRC Board of Directors.
- Annual Banquet and awards
- Karen Peterson has volunteered to help with the event as did all Board members present.
- Board agreed that all on the board should participate in planning and executing this event. We also need to invite race directors both to attend the event as well as help in planning and execution of the event.
- Karen says Hagg Mud is going well.
- Dave Green: pass
- Alan Smith: Each member of the board should work toward 2017 being a year to encourage member participation in our events or volunteering at our events. Our club members have great value and expertise, etc.
- Pattric: same topic - member participation
- Margo: pass