STATEMENT OF FAITH
As a ministry of Bethany Church, the faculty and staff of Bethany Christian School hold the following truths in common. These are our affirmations of faith (an affirmation is a statement that is declared to be true):
- We affirm that there is one God, infinitely perfect and eternally existent in the persons of the Father, Son, and Holy Ghost (I John 5:4-6).
- We affirm the deity of our Lord Jesus Christ, His virgin birth, His sinless life, His miracles, His vicarious atoning death through His shed blood, His bodily resurrection, His ascension to the right hand of the Father, and His personal return in power and glory (I Cor. 15:3; I Peter 2:21-214; John 3:16).
- We affirm the present ministry of the Holy Spirit by whose indwelling the Christian is enabled to live a godly life. We affirm that the Holy Spirit provides one or more spiritual gifts to all believers, manifesting them as He wills. We affirm that the gifts of the Holy Spirit are operative today (Rom. 8:2-6; I Cor. 12: 7-11; John 14:11-13).
- We affirm the Bible to be the Holy Spirit-inspired, authoritative Word of God and that it is eternally reliable (II Tim. 3:16-17).
- We affirm that salvation is by grace through faith in our Lord Jesus Christ (Eph. 2: 8-9; Rom. 6:23).
- We affirm the resurrection of both the saved and the lost: those who are saved to the resurrection of life and those who are lost to the resurrection of damnation (John 5:24, 28, 29).
- We affirm the one universal church, which is the body of Christ. We affirm Christ as its head. We affirm all who are born again as its members. We affirm the church’s purpose as offering worship to God, fellowship, ministry and instruction to itself, and evangelism and service to the world. We affirm the ministries of apostles, prophets, evangelists, pastors, and teachers. We affirm the spiritual unity of believers in our Lord Jesus Christ. (Eph. 4; Eph. 5:23; Col. 1:15-18; John 3:3-8).
- We affirm water baptism by immersion for believers in obedience to our Lord Jesus Christ. We affirm the importance of regular participation at the divinely instituted table of the Lord (Rom 6:1-4; I Cor. 11:23-26).
- We affirm the ministry and presence of angels and the reality of the devil and demonic forces (Ps. 91:11-12; Eph. 6:12).
- We affirm the sanctity of human life and that life begins the moment of conception (Job 33:4; Ps. 139: 13-16; Jer. 1:5).
- We affirm chastity for Christian single men and women and the sacredness of Christian marriage. We define marriage as a union between one man and one woman. (Rom. 1:24-32; I Cor. 6:9-20; Eph. 5:3-5; II Peter 2; I Thess. 4:7; Mark 10:6-9; I Cor. 7:1-2; Heb. 13:4).
- We affirm that the stripes placed upon Jesus Christ at His crucifixion provide physical healing to all who will believe and receive (Is. 53:4; Mt: 8:16-17; John 5:14; I Peter 2:24).