Welcome and Keynote
- 8:00-8:50 Welcome - John Cioffi & Others
Morning Workshop Offerings
- 9:00-9:50 Running Growing Your Organization & USA Hockey Resources - Ballroom - Andy Gibson - USA Hockey
- Target Audience: Presidents, Vice-presidents, anyone else responsible for recruiting and retaining players at the local level
- Andy will share how local organizations can use USA Hockey data and resources to grow the game in Vermont.
- 9:00-10:50 Registering Your Association - Room D - Bob Greemore, Mike McCullough, NED Target Audience: Registrars
- Bob will share expectations of the local registrar. USA Hockey registration requirements will be shared.
Afternoon Workshop Offerings
- 12:10-2:00 - Schedulers Meeting- Ballroom - Kim Gaines
- Target Audience: Schedulers
- Opportunity to connect with all schedulers.
- 12:10-1:00 - Goalie Development - Room D - Cam Earle
- Target Audience - Goalie Coaches and Coaching Coordinators
- Information about development of goalies and goalie specific opportunities in VT.
- 12:10-1:00 - SafeSport - Keeping our Kids Safe - Room E - Ray St. Pierre
- Target Audience: Presidents, Vice-presidents, SafeSport coordinators
- Ray will outline the responsibilities of the local SafeSport coordinator. He will share resources and expectations for running local investigations, hearings and following the protocols within the SafeSport requirements.
Looking for disabled hockey opportunities?
- 9:00-9:50 Role of the Local Coaching Director, ADM, and Model Associations - Room E - Craig Weston, Dan Daley, Cam Earle
- Target Audience: Coaching directors
- Craig will share information around the USA Hockey CEP. The role of the local coaching director position will be outlined.
- Goalie coaching discussed
- 9:00-9:50 State Tournaments - Room F - Kim Gaines
- Target Audience: Tournament Directors, Schedulers, State reps
- VSAHA state tournament will be discussed. Expectations for the season will be laid out.
- 10:00-10:50 8U Hockey & Growth Round Table Discussion- Room F - Mike Smith
- Target Audience: Presidents, Vice-Presidents, State reps
- Mike will facilitate a discussion around growth. Associations should be bringing local growth initiatives that work and problems to share.
- Connecting with your community.
- 12:10-1:00 - Female Hockey Local Issues & Planning - Room F - Emily Cabral
- Target Audience: Vice-presidents, Female hockey directors/coaches
- Emily will facilitate a discussion around girls and women’s hockey in Vermont.
- 10:00-10:50 Disabled Hockey Discussion - Room D - David Santamore
- Target Audience: State Reps, Coaching Coordinators, anyone interested in growing the disable hockey program.
- 10:00-10:50 -Fundraising - Room F - Mike Hickey
- A discussion focussed on keeping youth hockey affordable for everyone. How does your association fundraise? Is there a better fundraiser out there?
- Bring your ideas and learn about some other ones that have been successful.!
- 1:10-2:00 State Reps & Presidents - Room D- John Cioffi
- Target Audience: State Reps & Presidents
- Important information and deadlines for the season.
- 1:10-2:00 - Officials - Room E - Brian Collamore- Target Audience: Local on ice officials and assignors, state reps, coaches
- Focus on officials expectations and requirements.
- How can officials, coaches, and players create a positive experience for all?
us on Facebook, please! www.facebook.com/vthockey