Java, Maven, Spring Framework, JMS, MongoDB, MySQL/Oracle/SQL Server, JUnit, Spock/Mockito/Hamcrest, .NET, C++, C, Visual Basic, and MatLab.
Web + Mobile
Windows, Unix, *nix, Mercurial/Git/CVS/SVN, InelliJ IDEA/Eclipse/Netbeans/Visual Studio, Jenkins, Sonar, Atlassian Toolset (Jira, FishEye, Crucible), Tomcat/Apache/Glassfish App Server/nginx/Azure
Sr. Software Engineer, Aviture
Omaha, Nebraska — 2014-Present
- Team lead of cross-functional teams working a multi-year government contract supporting UAV mission execution teams.
- Kicked off an agile project reinventing an outdated web app sharing geospatial data statically over google earth to a modern, multi-functioning, collaborative web application utilizing Cesium.
- Implemented best practices for using Mocha/Chai with Karma and Protractor for Angular testing.
- Designed and Implemented real time collaboration of full motion video metadata and live UAV geospatial data over websockets utilizing STOMP with Java Spring and SockJS with Angular.
- Team lead for prototyping mobile application to showcase what troubleshooting locomotives from a tablet could be in the future. Utilized Ionic/Cordova + D3 frameworks on top of Angular to accomplish the prototype.
- Team lead for multi-year contract supporting a health company transition patients from hospitals to post acute care facilities. Re-created and modernized customer’s web portals utilizing Typescript, Webpack, Angular(1 & 2+), Foundation, Covalent, as well as created iOS and Android mobile apps utilizing Ionic(1 & 2+) and Cordova to have nearly equal functionality. Integrated push notifications for mobile apps to increase communication and help get patients healthier faster. Created automated system level tests for site and mobile utilizing Protractor. Server implementation built on existing Java Spring REST services.
- Team lead of apartment management software startup. Overhauled existing ASP.NET project to a more stable, supportable and ready for market product. This included bug reduction, performance tuning, usable logging infrastructure, deployment to Azure and improved architecture away from stored procedures to reusable logic tiers.
- Productionalized front end redesign of Sony Pictures Store. Improved stability and quality with rigorous testing of many environments including mobile and effectively eliminating bugs and increasing consistency of experience. Supported production launch of redesign. Project was a mix of Angular, Backbone, Bootstrap and LESS.
Software Engineer, Air Force Weather Agency
Bellevue, Nebraska — 2009-2014
- Worked as a DOD contractor which consisted heavily of Java EE web applications.
- Primary contract entailed visualizing and caching weather data and processed imagery. This was accomplished utilizing EHCache libraries and introduced Terracotta to achieve a scalable caching architecture.
- Front end applications consisted of mapping technologies (OpenLayers, OpenScales, Google Maps, FlexiWeather) to visualize weather imagery and data services (WMS, WFS) in real time environments. High performance around the world was achieved through proper use of http/web standards, caching solutions, unique tiling algorithms and exploitation of existing architecture.
- Prompted and integrated MVC standards into multiple projects using SpringMVC, Spring Integration and RobotLegs frameworks.
- Modernized a legacy metsat/satellite processing application to use up to date java standards, the Spring Framework, hibernate, unit and integration level tests. While modernizing we added new mosaicing functionality and improved performance of the application by 10x.
- Helped organize and lead an inter-organization web enterprise team workshop.
- Prototyped and setup enterprise distributed development tool sets and drove correct adoption of them: Mercurial, Atlassian Tools, Maven etc.
- Researched and implemented Agile Scrum across multiple projects.
- Grew adoption of development best practice throughout the enterprise including TDD, Pair Programming and Continuous Integration. Achieved this through practice, brown bag presentations, coding dojos (randoris), servant leadership & other culture changing techniques.
Agile for Defense Meetup Organizer
Bellevue, Nebraska — 2013-Present
- Helped organize the Agile for Defense Meetup which includes facilitating meetups, presenting topics on Agile and its application in the defense industry.
- Presentations included Scrum Discovery, Extreme Programming and Retrospectives.