Terms and Conditions of Booking
Any bookings of the Community Centre and its facilities are accepted by THE PAROCHIAL CHURCH COUNCIL OF THE ECCLESIASTICAL PARISH OF ST MARY, WHITKIRK (hereafter referred to as the PCC) subject to the following Terms & Conditions unless otherwise agreed by the PCC in writing.
- 20% of the hiring charge must be paid by way of deposit at the time of booking and will be subject to forfeiture at the discretion of the PCC on cancellation by either party. The balance must be received 14 days prior to the date of the function.
- A booking is provisional until confirmed in writing by the Booking Officer.
- The PCC reserve the right to cancel or amend any booking at any time for any reason they consider necessary, and will not be responsible for any loss sustained by the Hirer as a result of such a cancellation or amendment. The PCC will give as much notice as possible of any cancellation or amendment.
- The precise nature of the function for which the Community Centre is booked must be made clear at the time of booking. No bookings will be taken for the following functions; Engagement Parties, Birthday Parties for the ages 13 years to 21 years inclusive. Any misrepresentation of the nature of a function will be deemed to be a breach of these terms & conditions and the booking will be cancelled.
- The Hirer shall be held liable for the cost of any damage to the Community Centre fabric, fixtures, fittings or equipment during their occupancy of the Community Centre, and caused by any person attending the function.
- Except by prior arrangement with the Caretaker or the Community Centre Booking Officer, goods may not be left at the Community Centre before or after the end of a booking period.
- The PCC will accept no responsibility for the safety of goods left on the premises by Hirer. Hirers are advised to arrange their own insurance cover for goods left in the Community Centre.
- The PCC shall not be liable to the Hirer for any cost, expense, loss or damage attributable in whole or in part to any matter or event which is not within the control of the PCC.
- Decorations and or notices must not be affixed to the walls or doors nor placed on the notice boards without the approval of the Booking Officer.
- The Hirer shall use the premises or portion of the premises only for the purposes and hire period approved by the PCC and must ensure that as far as possible their use of a room or rooms does not interfere with the use by other Hirers of adjoining rooms. Please respect the needs of others.
- The Hirer shall be responsible for ensuring that at the end of the event tables and chairs are clean and stored correctly, and any litter cleared.
- Members of the PCC shall be entitled access to the Community Centre at any time.
- The Hirer whilst using the premises shall be responsible for the preservation of order and shall take all practicable steps to ensure that nothing shall occur on the premises which might offend against any statute or bye-law.
- A reservation made by telephone must be confirmed by returning the completed application form within 7 days or it will be regarded as cancelled.
- Music must be terminated at 11:30pm prompt and the Community Centre tidied and cleared by 11:45pm.
- In accordance with the Entertainments Licence requirements no exhibition, demonstration or display of laser equipment or pyrotechnics shall be given by any person, and no laser equipment or pyrotechnics shall be used by any person unless the Director of Environmental Health has been given not less than fourteen days’ written notice and unless written confirmation of this has been supplied to the PCC.
- A no smoking policy is in force in respect of the Community Centre.