Reviewed March, 2018
Job Title: Production Coordinator
Reports to: Managing Director, Production Manager
Number of Positions: 1
Student Job?: Yes
Purpose of Job:
The Production Coordinator is responsible for assisting the production team in delivering Festival Players’ theatre activities. The Production Coordinator will work with the Production Manager, the Theatre Crew, the Producers, venues, suppliers and partners on tasks such as venue set ups, installations, and tear-down, inventory tracking, prop/set/costume maintenance, maintenance of theatre facilities, pick-ups and deliveries, shuttling talent, and providing on-site support at events.
Core duties, deliverables, and relationships of the position.
- Participating in venue set-ups and theatre installation which may include light carpentry, painting, installation of set/light/audio assets
- Participating in venue tear-down including tracking and inventorying production assets, and returning assets to secure storage
- Assisting audience services team with set-up of promotional events (small tents, promotional displays etc)
- Assisting the Production Manager and design team in sourcing set/props
- Running errands for the production team including pick-ups, deliveries, and shuttling talent
- Where appropriate, assisting at events by running audio/lighting boards
- Assisting producers with hospitality requirements for talent
Facilities and Production Asset Maintenance:
- Regular tidying and cleaning of public facilities at the Studio Theatre
- Ordering/replenishing supplies as requested by the Audience Services Team
- Performing regular equipment checks during the run of the shows
- Providing basic wardrobe maintenance including laundry, repairs/sewing
- The Production Coordinator will report to the Managing Director and Production Manager
- The Production Coordinator has no direct supervisory responsibilities
Working Conditions and Environment
- This position requires a flexible schedule which could include morning, evening and weekend work.
- As a small and nimble organization, Festival Players requests the full support of its staff in ensuring the success of the organization. From time to time, the Audience Services Coordinators may be asked to take on tasks or participate in activities outside of the job description above.
Knowledge and Skills Required
- A love and/or knowledge of theatre and the arts is an asset.
- Previous theatre technical/production experience is an asset
- Experience in carpentry, electrical, painting, sewing/textiles an asset
- Ability to self-direct and work independently when required
- Ability to take direction and participate in creating a safe work environment
- Ability to prioritize a to-do list based on organizational needs
- Ability to build positive relationships with a variety of organizational stakeholders
- A valid driver’s license and access to a vehicle is required
- Smart Serve, First Aid, CPR are all assets
- Essential computer skills – Google Apps and the ability to learn new computer programs and apps.
Compensation and Work Schedule
- Compensation is $16/hour plus 4% vacation pay
- Work schedule is 30 hours/week beginning June 25th, 2018
- Full time work concludes as of September 2nd, 2018, though candidates who are able to continue part-time until the end of September are most welcome to.
- The Production Coordinator will be expected to work most Saturday mornings beginning at 7am
Please note: This position may be funded through summer employment programs which require that the candidates be students returning to school in the Fall. Please clearly indicate your student status in your application package.
To apply, please send a resume and covering letter letting us know why you’d be perfect for this job. Please send by EMAIL to email@example.com. No telephone inquiries please.
Festival Players welcomes and encourages applications from Indigenous people, people from Diverse cultures, and people with disabilities. Festival Players is an LGBTQ+ positive space, and our work spaces are (or can be made) accessible for people with physical disabilities. All employees will be required to sign and adhere to a Code of Conduct to promote a safe, respectful and inclusive place of work. Please contact Festival Players at 613-476-1991 or by email at firstname.lastname@example.org if you require accommodations in the application or interview process.