Hammonton Green Committee Minutes - November 2017
Monthly Meeting - Hammonton Town Hall
Green Committee Members:
X Jeanette DePiero X Mica McCullough X Amy Menzel X Linda Esposito X Kerri Patton
__ Sara Verrillo __Courtney Volpe
Friends of the Green Committee & Guests:
- Events and Projects:
Sustainable Jersey Actions
- We will work continuously on Sustainable Jersey actions to reduce the amount of work needed to be done during recertification years
- Mica will prioritize the actions we should work on first
- Jeanette will bring documentation (newspaper articles, images, etc.) to next meeting, Mica will keep in a folder/ digitize for SJ.
Puerto Rico Relief
- Edwin Negroni with Puerto Rican Civic Association is raising money and seeking volunteer help to assemble water purifying devices
- Amy is drafting a letter to fundraise/ raise awareness
- Members will disseminate & share finalized letter
- Dan & Amy are working on this
Eye Opening Film & Lecture
- No word from Stockton on available dates or from speaker.
Recycled Ornament Sale
- Saturday, Nov. 25 (Small Business Saturday), members will bring recycled crafts & supplies to make them to Hammonton Arts Center to sell/ make & take.
Adopt a Road Cleanups
- December 2 (rain date Dec. 3), meet at 10:00 am at library parking lot.
Family Success Center Planting
- Linda will reach out, follow up
3. Garden Update -
- Garden officially closes Nov. 11. Gardens must be cleaned out by then.
- Winter meeting dates are as follows:
- Nov. 15, 7:00 pm
- Dec. 20, 7:00 pm
4. Open Floor