GREAT NEWS! August 27, 2021
The Federal Government has extended the free school meal program, for kids, throughout the upcoming school year, across the United States.
All K-12 students are eligible to receive one free breakfast, and one free lunch, each day.
NOTE: families who complete a meal benefit application may qualify for additional support for food purchases outside of the school day. So, be sure to complete and submit a completed Educational Benefits application after July 1st to see if you qualify. The application can be found at www.cafe110.org.
Parents often ask if my middle and high schooler is getting free meals, why am I being charged? Well, this is because they are making a la carte purchases that are not included with the free breakfast or lunch program. With that said, if students wish to purchase an extra entree or snacks, they must have funds in their family account to pay for them. Please have a conversation with your child/ children about your spending expectations, AND keep your family account funded for these additional purchases.
To access information about your "family meal account," log into: www.isd110.org, click "My Accounts” (if you have difficulty logging in, contact Jane Garnatz), then click “SmartSchoolK12.” (if you have difficulty at this point, contact Wordware at 1-800-934-2621). Once logged in, click on the knife/plate icon to access your account information.
- > “Family Accounts”
- > "Add Funds" - add money using a credit card (Feezee)
- > "Show Transactions" - see charges that all family members have made.
- > "Auto-Refill" - allows you to set an automated payment when your balance reaches your preset amount.
- > "Add a Family User" - allows you to add more contacts and emails for people you would like to access the family account and receive low balance notifications.
- > "Change Notification Settings" - initially you will be notified by email only when your family account goes negative, but this can be adjusted to your preference. When making changes, be sure that the box "send me balance notifications via email," under Account Management, is checked then select “Save.”
Visit www.cafe110.org for more information including menus, meal pricing, meal benefit application, frequently asked questions, contact information, and lunch account balance/ transaction/ deposit information.
Wordware (our meal service software program) and SmartSchool (the district activities software program) are linked. Because of this, be advised that any activity fee payments will show up on your meal transaction report.