The following rules attempt to make registration as fair and equitable as possible to all who wish to participate. Any situation not covered in these rules should be directed to the Assistant Event Director of Participants (firstname.lastname@example.org). The Steering Committee will make any decisions regarding interpretations of these rules.
There will be no exceptions to the rules below.
- Marketing for this year’s event will begin in mid-May.
- Only active duty (paid or volunteer) firefighters, active duty police officers (paid or reserve), and active duty EMS only (paid or volunteer AND not affiliated in any way with a fire department) will be allowed to register and climb in the event.
- Only individual registrations will be accepted. Team registrations are not available. It is acceptable to have someone other than the climber complete registration if the climber is unable to do so upon registration opening. The registration questionnaire should be completed prior to June 1 and given to the climber’s registration proxy.
- Registration for the climb will open on June 1st at 8:00am and close once all 343 firefighter, 70 law enforcement, and 9 EMS spots are filled. Alternate registration spots will open as initial climbing spots are filled (343/70/9). All alternates will climb the day of the event either in place of a climber spot that opens or representing post 9/11 losses.
- The registration homepage is accessible at www.dallasstairclimb.com/climb.
- The registration cost is $60.00, plus transaction fees. This covers required event expenses such as event insurance and administrative costs as well as the climber t-shirt, Challenge Coin and, other gifts.
- Climbers wishing to represent a particular public safety officer or company must indicate this during the registration process and should follow up with the Fire/EMS or Police Coordinators. These requests are prioritized by personal connection to the individual or company and granted on a case-by-case basis. Requests with the closest connections (such as a family member, close friend, or station connection) have higher priority. Final decision will be made by the Participants team.
- While not required, climbers are encouraged to collect pledges of at least $1.00 per floor to donate to our chosen beneficiary. Climbers are highly encouraged to collect these pledges through their online pledge page which should be created after completing the registration process. Participants will receive an email with a link to their pledge page and instructions on how to customize it following registration. Outside of the transaction fees associated with the pledge, the beneficiary receives 100% of all pledge monies collected. More information is available on our website.
- At the end of the registration form, you will be offered purchase protection at an additional cost. This is offered by Eventbrite, through a third-party company, and is not managed by our team in any way. While this may allow you to be reimbursed for your registration costs if you have to drop out, this does not change our no-refund policy, and you will work with the third-party company on any claim.
- Due to high participation demand, registration may fill up in less than an hour.
- All climbers should consult their physician and be engaged in an adequate physical conditioning program prior to the event. The Dallas 9/11 Memorial Stair Climb will host three practice climbs at the Renaissance Tower in the weeks preceding the event.
- Participants must agree to the event rules and sign a liability waiver and photo release prior to participation.
- Registrants should read confirmation email(s) AND any links and attachments as they contain important information, including what to expect next in the process as well as forms that may need to be printed and completed.
- Individuals who experience difficulty in the registration process should contact their assigned Participant Coordinator immediately via email@example.com (for fire and EMS) or firstname.lastname@example.org in order to resolve their issue(s). If you have questions that cannot be answered by your Coordinator, please contact the Assistant Event Director of Participants at email@example.com
- No substitutions or transfers will be allowed. Climbers will be asked to present their ID at check-in to verify their registration.
- In the instance a registered climber can no longer participate, his/her vacancy will be filled by an alternate. Please notify your assigned Participant Coordinator immediately if you are unable to climb.
- Alternates are placed in the order that their registrations were received.
- Alternates may be periodically required to confirm their desire to remain on the alternate list.
A sanctioned event of the Association of Memorial Stair Climbs
PO BOX 560171 The Colony, Texas 75056 ◆ www.dallasstairclimb.com