RHS SCHOLARSHIP BULLETIN
This regularly updated document shares information on scholarships that have been sent to the school directly from the sponsor, as well as information about some university sponsored and national scholarships. This bulletin is NOT an exhaustive list; students are advised to review the websites of all colleges to which they are applying for scholarship information specific to that school, as well as national scholarship search sites. If you are interested in any scholarships listed, please use the link to the listed website or follow instructions listed.
Useful scholarship search links:
150 seniors are awarded!
- US citizen
- 2020 Graduate
- Planning to pursue a degree at an accredited US post-secondary school
Air Force ROTC Scholarships
Meredith Impact Scholarship
Meredith Impact Scholarships will be awarded to first-year admitted students meeting the criteria:
3.4 unweighted GPA
1100 SAT / 22 ACT
Simply apply to Meredith College. No separate application is needed
DAR Good Citizens Program
$250 and up
Are you a senior who is:
If interested in being nominated, email (email@example.com) by noon on Nov 3, 2020
~Receive school nomination
~ Complete written essay
If interested in being nominated, email (firstname.lastname@example.org) by noon on 11/03/2020
ELKS MVP Scholarship
$1000 - $12,500 renewable
Current high school seniors, or the equivalent, who are citizens of the United States are eligible to apply.
Applicants do not need to be related to a member of the Elks.
High school graduates are not eligible to apply.
Applicants must be citizens of the United States on the date their applications are submitted; permanent legal resident status does not qualify
East Carolina University
Varies - read the opportunities at the link!
Apply here: https://ecu.academicworks.com/
VARIES - check site
North Carolina Central University Scholarships
Varies - check out the link:https://www.nccu.edu/ssa/scholarships
VARIES - check link
North Carolina State University
VARIES - most by 11/1/2020
Florence Kidder Memorial
Scholarship - Essay Contest
1. A completed application, answering all questions.
2. A separate listing of extracurricular activities, honors, community work and work experience.
3. A current photograph.
4. An unofficial transcript of grades, including first semester senior courses if possible and current GPA.
5. A letter of recommendation from one of the student’s teachers (scanned and in pdf format).
6. Original essay of 500 to 700 words on this year’s topic.
The Women’s Club of Raleigh Scholarships
-Ann Collins Scholarship
-Helen Graham Scholarship
-Lois Fisher Scholarship
1.High school senior
2. Attending a NC college or university
Apply online at: https://womansclubofraleigh.org/community-service/scholarships/
O’Berry Center Foundation Scholarship
1. Resident of NC w/ a desire to work with children/adults w/ disabilities (majoring in any of the following Occupational Therapy, Physical Therapy, Recreational Therapy, Speech/Language Pathology, Psychology, Special Education, Nursing, or Public Health Administration)
2. GPA of 2.8 or higher
3. Have financial need
4. Show evidence of volunteer (or paid) experience working w/ target group
3. 3 letters of recommendation
NC State: Park Scholarship
For school nomination, submit resume to Mrs. Samek by 9/30/2020
All application materials due 11/1/2020
UNC & Duke: The Robertson Scholars Leadership Program
The Robertson Scholars Leadership Program seeks students who have demonstrated outstanding potential to become great leaders in college and beyond. Our goal is for Robertson Scholars to play significant and impactful roles in their communities and society, today and in the future.
While each Scholar brings their own skill sets, strengths, and personalities to the program, they share the following traits:
Attend webinar session:
Registration is required. Please share this link with your interested students:
For scholar athletes
Nominee(s) must submit a full, completed application for admission by October 15th (available at how to apply).
This early completion date does NOT imply an Early Decision commitment to Davidson.
RHS can nominate 3 seniors - please email Mrs. Samek and include your Brag Sheet if you are interested
School Nominations Due 9/28
Lenoir Rhyne University Teaching Scholars Program
Up to $5500 annually
Apply for Admission to Lenoir-Rhyne University (for the 2021-22 academic year), and
· Complete the Lenoir-Rhyne University Teaching Scholars Program Application, and
· Have a Cumulative GPA of 3.5 or higher, and
· SAT / ACT scores are optional due to the pandemic; however, students should submit scores if available (score of 1000 or higher on the SAT or score of 20 or higher on the ACT)
Step 1: apply for admission to L-R U at: https://www.lr.edu/admission/undergraduate/apply
Step 2: Complete a brief application to the Teaching Scholars Program at: https://www.lr.edu/academics/opportunities-for-enhanced-learning/teaching-scholars
Please indicate your interest in this scholarship by emailing Mrs. Samek by 9/30/2020
Omega Psi Phi Fraternity, Inc. International High School Essay Contest
Open to all college bound high school seniors:
Complete 700-750 word, typed, double-spaced essay on the following: Learning about politics and life as a citizen is part of the transition to adulthood. During this stage, young people are introduced to political processes and issues, as well as, a range of political activities including voting and participation in social movements. “Against the backdrop of the global “Black Lives Matter” movement, why is it even more important for young people to become and remain politically engaged?”
Submit the form (emailed 10/6/2020) and completed essay to:
Iota Iota Chapter
Omega Psi Phi Fraternity, Inc
PO Box 27353
Raleigh NC 27611
or via email