We are excited to share with you a few upcoming events for families, parents and students here at Iao School.
Red Ribbon Week - October 22-26 is Red Ribbon Week. This is a school event promoting healthy, drug-free lifestyles. The motto for Red Ribbon Week is "Life is a Journey, Travel Drug-Free". In addition to recess and classroom activities there will be a student pledge and each day there is a different student dress theme. Monday kicks off with students wearing the color red to promote Red Ribbon Week. Please view the flyer to see student dress themes for the other days. Students not participating should wear their Iao School uniform. Link to RED RIBBON WEEK flyer
Monster Mash Family Event and Middle School Dance - October 26 is our Monster Mash event for families from 5PM to 9PM. This event will help raise funds for future student activities. There will be food trucks, vendors, games for keiki, halloween crafts, and a middle school dance. The dance will be in the cafeteria from 6PM to 8PM and is strictly for any of Maui's middle school students (bring school IDs please). Please view the flyer for more information about the event and how you can volunteer or participate. Link to MONSTER MASH flyer
School Community Meeting - October 25 is the School Community Meeting from 5PM to 6:30PM in the Iao School Library. This is the first of two School Community Meetings for this school year. We will be sharing student assessment data from the Spring 2018 testing and other student and school data. The purpose of this meeting is to offer our parents, community members and students and opportunity to provide feedback for school improvement and planning. All are invited to attend.
School updates, Renaissance and more
- Families and students are encouraged to visit Infinite Campus and to communicate with teachers directly regarding Q1 assignments, grades, etc.
- October 4 is the last day of first quarter instruction for students. There is NO SCHOOL for students October 5 - it is a teacher collaboration day.
- Fall Break is the week of October 8-12. 2nd Quarter begins on Monday, October 15.
- The Iao Renaissance Foundation website is up and running at www.iaorfoundation.com and is the best way to get updated information and forms.
- Other Renaissance reminders: Cookie Corner Fundraiser money and forms are due Oct. 1; All Community Service Worksheets are due by October 4th; and Forms should be submitted to the Renaissance mailbox along Renaissance Wall in J-Building or to Mr. Viernes in P1.
- The Renaissance 1st Quarter incentive will be at Ultimate Air Trampoline Park and Pizza Party on November 28, 2018. Information will follow once the 1st Quarter Renaissance List is released. Students that missed Renaissance this Quarter can always join and qualify in Q2!
School Cancelled Wednesday 9/12/18
School is cancelled tomorrow due to the approaching tropical storm. After school activities such as UPLINK are cancelled both today and tomorrow. We plan to resume school on Thursday but stay tuned to the news and IaoSchool.org for updates.
Grades 7,8 Open House Rescheduled and more...
1. The 7th and 8th Grade Open House has been rescheduled for Wednesday, September 5 at 5:00 PM to 6:30 PM. Families will meet in the Cafeteria for an introduction of the faculty before visiting classes. If your child is unable to attend along with you, please make sure to bring a copy of his or her class schedule
2. Parents will receive their Activation Key for Infinite Campus in the mail, along with Mid-Quarter Progress Reports, on or around September 19. Our Infinite Campus Parent Night has been rescheduled for Wednesday, September 26 at 6:30 PM. The purpose of this event is to teach parents all about how to check on student grades using the Infinite Campus online system. Any questions about Infinite Campus may be emailed to IC@iaoschool.org.
3. Student planners have arrived! Please take some time to read the contents of Family Handbook along with your child, and sign the Acknowledgement on pg.2.
Book Fair Extended
The Book Fair in our Library has been extended through Tuesday 9/28.
8/22/2018 6:00 PM
The State has CLOSED all schools through the end of the week. School will resume on Monday Aug.27.
8/21/2018 5:00 PM
School is CANCELLED tomorrow, Wednesday 8/22, due to Hurricane Lane. All after-school activities such as UPLINK are cancelled through the end of the week. A decision for possible school closure Thursday and Friday has not been made yet by the State. Grade 7 & 8 Open House is postponed and will be rescheduled for a later date.
8/21/2018 3:00 PM
For now the State Superintendent has NOT made any decision about closing school. 6th grade Open House tonight is still on. Updates re Grade 7 & 8 open house will be shared via Principal text messaging and the SchoolMessenger system. To subscribe text @iaosc to 81010. Please view this memo from the State by clicking on the link.
Infinite Campus Help
Are you a parents or guardian with questions about Infinite Campus? Please email all inquiries to IC@iaoschool.org for support. An IC Activation Key will be mailed home with mid-Q1 progress reports. There is an IC information night for parents on Sept. 5.
Open House and other reminders
Open House for 6th grade is Tuesday, Aug. 21 from 5:00PM - 6:30PM.
Open House for 7th and 8th grades is Wednesday, Aug. 22 from 5:00PM - 6:30PM. Families will receive some brief information before having an opportunity to visit teachers and classrooms. There is also a Book Fair in the Library. All families are welcome and we hope to see you all there.
Please remember that the early release day this year is Thursday. Students are excused at 1:15 PM. All other days the release time is 2:00PM.
Student Class Schedules
6th graders will learn their team assignments at 6th Grade Orientation and participate in a campus tour of their classes. Class schedules will be proveided on the morning of the first day of school for 6th graders, Tuesday, August 7. 6th Grade Orientation is Wednesday, August 1 at 5:30 PM in the Cafeteria. All 6th grade students and families are invited.
7th and 8th graders pick up their class schedules in Homeroom the first day of school with all students, Wednesday, August 8. Schedules will also be available for view on Infinite Campus beginning August 7.
CONNECT - Principal’s Text Messaging
To receive text or email messages from Principal Dillon, text @iaosc to 81010 or email firstname.lastname@example.org from your preferred email address.
Photo Taking for IDs and 2018-19 School Supply List
Students may take ID photos at registration on 7/16 (6th grade) and 7/17 (7th and 8th grades). We are offereing some alternative dates for students to take their new ID photo on 8/1, 8/2, and 8/3 from 9:00 AM to 1:00 PM in the Main Office. Students that do not take a new photo will be issued an ID with a picture from the previous school year. Link to General School Supply List.
Welcome to the new Iao School website! Please take some time to take a look around and orient yourself with all of the new information and resources. This “Breaking News” section will be updated frequently with important announcements and information.
Automatic T-Shirt Printing will be selling school uniforms at the Queen Kaahumanu Shopping Center in the old See’s Candy Store next to the playground on the ground floor. They will be there from July 9th, 2081 through Oct 31, 2018.
Dismissal time change - next week and next year
Students will be dismissed from school at 2:00 PM next Wednesday 5/30 and 1:15 PM next Thursday 5/31 (last day of school).
Next school year this change (2PM Wednesdays, 1:15PM Thursdays) will be in effect all year.