ORRC_logo_200.jpg

Return to OregonRoadRunnersClub.org

Board Meeting Minutes

Wednesday, June 26, 2019
Oregon Sports Office Conference Room
6:00 p.m. to  7:50 p.m.

ATTENDANCE

Times

In Attendance: Stephen, Alan, Hal, Meg, Jacob, Noel, Randy

           Excused: Dave Green, Mike

           Guests:  

AGENDA ITEMS

  • Call to Order, Announcement and Introductions

6:00 p.m.

6:01 p.m.

  •   Board Committee Reports (Consent Items)
  • Treasurer - Steve (filling in for Dave)

                            Rev up 16%, costs up 46%

                            Shirts and hat driving 50% of increased

                               costs (approx. $27k; carry-over of

                               Turkey Trot shirts; $4200 sunglasses)

                            Over (pre) buying swag

                            Some 2018 costs carried into 2019

  •      Need to meet w/ Doug and Paul (new

                          treasurers)

  • Membership - Alan

     785

     Need new director

  • Race Operations
  • Hagg Mud Update- Steve

$4000 “profit”

  • Hagg Lake Run and Trail - Steve
  • P & L still outstanding
  • Dual Duel - Steve
  • P & L still outstanding
  • Survey (small sample; n = 10)

Website issues?

  • UTLR - Alan, Hal, Steve
  • P & L - still outstanding
  • Survey (n=37)

Course marking issues?

Finish line width? Ramp?

  • Summer Solstice - Alan, Hal, Steve
  • P & L - still outstanding

Registration up 24%

Food costs up

Positive results

Different course 2020 (const.)

  • July 4th - Alan

         Needs volunteers

  • Garlic Festival - Steve

         Awaiting Wash. Co. permit

         Needs volunteers

  • Best Dam Run - Steve

         Socks instead of shirts

         Course adjustment (traffic)

                      recertification

  • Greenway? (Labor Day)

         

  • Blue Lake - Alan, Steve, Hal (Oct 12)

         USATF Masters State 5k

  • Autumn Leaves - Noel and Jacob

         Course changes (no pavilion)

  • Turkey Trot - Steve, Alan, Hal

         Registration just now open

         Free band for 1.5 hours?

  • Equipment and Storage - Hal

        ½ dozen rentals, more coming

        Need heavy stitching repair

  • What to do with using personal storage
  • Marketing/Social Media - Randy, Meg, Mike 

         4913 Facebook followers (July push for 5000)

         Monthly photo contests

         3-4 posts/week for future events

         Want more content from RDs

         Posts near finishing time

         Instagram growing

  • Administration - Steve
  • Co-Treasurer

Meeting w/ Doug and Paul next week

 6:20 p.m.

OLD BUSINESS

  • Hal 
  • # 10 - To contribute time, talent and financial support to the larger Oregon community.  This is in conjunction with developing a strong and large volunteer base needed to support community and ORRC events.
  • See rental equipment volunteer swap proposal below
  • Meg 
  • # 3 -To provide training and education programs for runners, running coaches, race directors, race volunteers and other special interests that emerge as priorities of the sport emerge.
  • Noel
  • #3 - To provide training and education programs for runners, running coaches, race directors, race volunteers and other special interests that emerge as priorities of the sport emerge.
  • Add half/full training plans for members -- link to shorter ORRC races as part of plan
  • Randy
  • #9 - To work with members to actively engage the next generation of runners to participate in ORRC events and administration to ensure the long-term stability of ORRC, the sport of running, and develop future leaders for the sport.
  • Jacob
  • #3 - To provide training and education programs for runners, running coaches, race directors, race volunteers and other special interests that emerge as priorities of the sport emerge.

     6:50 p.m.

  • 2020 RRCA National Conferences Update - Steve

       Location of Sunday run? (Nike?)

       Ellison as a possible sponsor

          Bus, shirt, race, aid station support

       Need more partner/sponsor ideas

       Shoes (25% brick and mortar; 50%

              employee stores; 25% online)

      7:05 p.m.

  • Proposed addition to Registration Waiver  question for Jean Knaack - Steve and Jacob

        Postponed

      7:10 p.m

        Postponed pending review of RD

                manual

      7:15 p.m.

        Provide input; still under review

      7:20 p.m.

        Work with Ellison; Brooks 40% off?

        Steve to review budget space

      7:21 p.m.

NEW BUSINESS

     

  • Monetize volunteer time - 6/1 email suggestion- Hal

         Proposal: Equipment rental in exchange

           for 20 hours of volunteer time at

           ORRC event prior to rental

        Moved and approved

     

      7:25 p.m.

        Leap year effects on Champoeg

        Review other dates

      7:29 p.m.

  • Columbia Bank Account Signers - Removing Dave Green & Margie Palmrose  

         Moved and approved

  • Steve and Dave

      7:34 p.m.

          Moved and approved

  • Steve and Dave

      7:40 p.m.

ROUND TABLE

                Randy gone in July (need temp recording

                          secretary to cover)

                Hal -- elephants don’t like zucchini

                Alan -- volunteer photographer

      7:45 p.m.

ADJOURN

      7:50 p.m.