In Attendance: Stephen Wright, Dave Green, Brandon Hakari, Randy Grant, Alan Smith
Excused: Margo Glass, Noel Tavan, Hal Brockman
Guest: Charissa Yang, Jenni Denekas
- Call to Order, Announcement and Introductions
- Margo Glass on sabbatical from ORRC Board
- Randy Grant to step in now and in the future to assist ORRC marketing efforts
- Jenny Denekas interested in learning more about ORRC and possible ways she could contribute.
- Board Member Committee Reports
- Tax return not yet filed, but ready
- Net positive over the past month.
- Current membership 836, slight uptick from previous month
- Alan gave some info from his experience helping out at the event this year. Brandon gave his input as a Vernonia marathon participant.
- Getting ready. Some road work impacting cars getting to Boat Ramp C -they have to get there by going counter-clockwise around the lake.
- Getting ready - packet pickup and post-event free beer at Oregon City Brewing.
- Equipment and Storage - Hal - no report
- Marketing - Margo - no report
- Randy reviewed the marketing ideas in his report and those present discussed those items in some good detail.
- Board agreed to keep these items in mind for our events.
- To be reviewed also with race directors and upcoming meetings.
- 2018 RRCA Conference update - Steve and Alan
- Great conference, great speakers including Deena Kastor and Meb Keflezighi
- Click here for conference presentations
- Portland Marathon/RRCA/Transparency issue - Steve
- Some discussion of current state of affairs for the Portland Marathon and parties involved.
- 2020 RRCA Conference Planning - Steve
- Planning needs to start now for the 2020 conference so that we have enough local support for that.
- RRCA does a lot of the work, but the hosting club also does a lot. Because of Oregon’s association with running, we hope to promote that through conference theme and sessions.
- Steve reviewed this as a part of the post-Vernonia review.
- Brandon Hakari to review our event waivers
- Alan - encouraging volunteerism of the board at our events.
- Steve - thanks for the rich discussion tonight to all attending
- Charissa - nothing
- Jenni - nothing
- Dave Green - waivers should probably also be done for volunteers at our events. Something for Brandon to think about.