Nicholasville Elementary Title 1 Parent Compact
We, the Nicholasville Elementary School community, agree that this compact outlines how the parents, the entire school staff, and the students will share the responsibility for improved student achievement. This compact was created jointly with parents and family members and addresses the NES goals of providing rigorous curriculum and instruction and a safe, positive learning environment for students.
Nicholasville Elementary School will:
- provide high quality curriculum and rigorous learning opportunities based on the Kentucky Core Academic Standards,
- provide a supportive and effective learning environment that is focused on the whole child,
- support students and parents with clear communication regarding attendance and behavior expectations,
- ensure regular meaningful communication between family members and school staff to address academics and the overall well-being of the student,
- report student progress on a regular basis through parent conferences, graded student work, quarterly report cards, and assessment data,
- encourage parent participation through volunteer opportunities, school-based family events, and involvement in decision-making, and
- regularly communicate with families through school and classroom newsletters, school and classroom websites, and social media.
- encourage their child to demonstrate respect for school personnel, classmates, and school property,
- ensure their child attends school regularly, is punctual, and prepared to learn,
- talk with their child daily about his or her school experience,
- create an atmosphere that supports learning, including homework, and
- work with the school as partners in the education and overall well-being of their children.
- come to school on time and be prepared to learn,
- respect the rights of others to learn without disruption,
- show respect and cooperation with all students and adults at the school,
- take responsibility by completing classwork and homework, and
- commit to learning by doing their best each day and asking for help when needed.
**Parents will sign a separate document to signify they read the compact.