Foster City AYSO
Spring Soccer Program
March 16 - May 18, 2019
REGISTRATION IS NOW CLOSED
Information About the AYSO Spring Soccer Program
What is the American Youth Soccer Organization (AYSO)?
- The American Youth Soccer Organization is a National Non-profit All-Volunteer Organization offering recreational level (Core and Select), Club level (United), and Adult League soccer
- AYSO is organized by geographic region - Foster City is Section 2, Area N, Region 62
- Foster City offers youth programs in the Fall (Core and United), Winter (Select), and Spring (Jamboree and United)
- All coaches, referees, and administrators are trained volunteers
- AYSO is guided by Six Philosophies: Everyone Plays, Balanced Teams, Open Registration, Positive Coaching, Good Sportsmanship, and Player Development
- More details available at the AYSO National website www.ayso.org
What is Spring Soccer?
- Jamboree style play every Saturday with a practice session and small-sided games by age group.
- Run by UK Coaches, assisted by parents
- Open to children ages 3-16 (born between 1/1/2003 - 9/8/2015)
- No formal teams, individual coaches, or awards
- Weekly clinics (skills/drills) for ages 6U and older. Click HERE for weekly clinic schedule
- Clinics start week of March 11, 2019
- Some age groups are co-ed (4U, 5U, 12U and 14-16U)
- All clinics and game days held at Sea Cloud Park in Foster City rain or shine, Field S3
- Parent Meeting is March 5, 2019 from 7-9 pm in the Wind Room (FC Community Center)
- Season runs March 16 - May 18, 2019 (No games 3/30/19)
- T-Shirts and socks provided at Parent Meeting
- MY2018 refers to the AYSO Membership Year for 2018 which runs from Aug 2018-July 2019, therefore the Spring Soccer Season for 2019 is still considered the MY2018 season.
Who Can Play?
- Boys and girls born between Jan. 1, 2003 and Sept. 8, 2015 (ages 3-16) are eligible to play
- No soccer experience is necessary in any age group
- All children are accommodated on a first-come, first-serve basis
- Some age groups may have limits on available spots, so register early!
How to Join
REGISTRATION CLOSED FOR SPRING SEASON
EMAIL email@example.com for questions about registration
Program Information and Fees by Birth Year
NEW PLAYER FEE** (Includes $17.50 non-refundable National Membership Fee)
Sept. 9, 2014 - Sept. 8, 2015
Playground – 4U (co-ed)
Jan. 1, 2014 - Sept. 8, 2014
Schoolyard - 5U (co-ed)
2003 - 2006
* A returning player is a child who played in MY2018 Fall Soccer; annual membership fee already paid
** Add $25 per child non-refundable Non-Resident Fee if not a Foster City resident
- 4U, and 5U do NOT have clinics during the week
- 6U and older have one clinic per week run by UK coaches; several day/time options are available for the different age groups
- Clinics are held at Marlin Park in Foster City starting on 3/11/19 (Click HERE for map)
- Purpose of clinics is to learn and develop basic soccer skills and techniques; it is not a “team practice”
- Click HERE for weekly CLINIC schedule
- All game days are held on Saturdays at Sea Cloud Park, Field S3 (Click HERE for map)
- Parents are highly encouraged to participate, especially in the 4U and 5U age groups; in older age groups, parents can support the UK coaches as needed
- Session will consist of a short practice followed by a small-sided jamboree style “game”
- Children may play in different groups within their age group each week
- Click HERE for weekly GAME schedule by age group and gender
- Clinics and games occur rain or shine, unless there is thunder and lightning. In the case of thunder or lightning, play may resume 30 minutes after the last occurrence. To check field status, you can call 650-341-3407 but this mostly pertains to the GRASS fields at SeaCloud. The turf fields are never closed due to rain alone. Marlin Park is usually not closed either.
- All players will be provided with a uniform that includes a T-shirt and socks. The complete uniform as provided should be worn for game days. The uniform is not necessary for clinics.
- All children MUST wear shin guards (provided by the parents) for ALL clinics and game days. Shin guards are worn UNDER socks that come up to the knee.
- Ideally, children should wear shorts; on cold days a second layer under the shirt and shorts is ok
- Soccer cleats (not cleats designed for baseball, softball, or football) or turf shoes are recommended but sneakers are acceptable; no open-toed shoes are allowed. Soccer cleats do not have a “toe cleat” like other sports cleats - click HERE for illustration
FOR ALL CLINICS AND GAME DAYS:
- No jewelry of any type (necklaces, pierced or clip-on earrings, rings, hair decorations, bracelets, leather bands, string bracelets or rubber bands) may be worn with the exception of a medical alert bracelet which must be taped down.
- Necklaces and bracelets made of string or elastic are not allowed.
- Jewelry cannot be taped with the exception of a medical alert bracelet.
- Hair ties or clips must not be made of metal or have any metal components.
- Braces worn to protect joints may not contain any metal component. Soft padded joint supports without metal are allowed.
- Prescription glasses are allowed to be worn, but it is recommended that they are secured around the head with a strap that does not contain metal. The safest option is to wear contact lenses or prescription sports goggles, but that is not required.
- Non-prescription eyewear is prohibited.
- For more information about refunds, see our Refund Policy
- Non-resident fees and the $17.50 National AYSO Membership Fee are not refundable.
Email questions to:
Kartick Suriamoorthy, Spring Coordinator: firstname.lastname@example.org