OREGON ROBOTICS TOURNAMENT & OUTREACH PROGRAM
INCLEMENT WEATHER POLICY FOR TOURNAMENT EVENTS
- The safety of the team members and our volunteers is the most important consideration. The FIRST Affiliate Partners for Oregon (ORTOP) use that consideration to guide all decisions when deciding to cancel or delay an event.
- Oregon's FIRST Affiliate Partners (ORTOP) will cancel or delay an event using information from the US Weather Bureau to help us forecast if it would be safe for a majority of the teams/volunteers to travel to and from the event. If the site host closes their facility because of weather, health and emergency related reasons, the event will be canceled.
- Coaches and parents must always assess their own travel route for safety and make their own decision to travel. Keep it in perspective. The safety of the kids is the most important consideration. Official information site for tournament cancellations or delays .
- In addition, ORTOP and Tournament Directors will email to both the primary and emergency contact email addresses with notification or updates.
- The third method of contact is by phone using the emergency phone number provided by the coach.
- If any of this information has changed, please update your Tournament Director and ORTOP.
- Because event cancellations occur at the last moment, funds are already expended for the event, therefore, ORTOP will not refund tournament fees for canceled events. If an event is rescheduled, teams will not be expected to pay again.
- Please note: If an event is canceled it is impossible to reschedule it. Site hosts have booked their facilities months in advance.
FOR FLL AND FTC: There is no time to reschedule prior to the Championship.
FOR FLL: Advancement slots left open by an event cancellation will be assigned by lottery from teams affected by the cancellation.
FOR FTC: Advancement slots left open by an event cancellation will be assigned based a compiled Advancement list based on awards from the previous level of event.
- Revised 02/05/2019