Osaka YMCA International School
Community Support Financial Grant (CSFG)
The goal of the Community Support Financial Grant is to help families in the community that are in need of international education but may be unable to afford the full cost of attending an international school. Scholarships will be awarded to a select number of families chosen by the scholarship committee and officially approved by the OYIS Governing Board (GB).
Application Dates: The collect of CSFG applications happens once a year in April for the following school year application.
- Understand and support the educational philosophy of OYIS.
- Be in financial need.
- Support the school by volunteering their time.
- Be a member of either the Parent Volunteer Group or Parent ambassador group.
- Submit documents that verify their family income for the present and past school year.
- Be a positive supporter of the school.
- The child and at least one parent should try to communicate with the school in English.
Submit a short essay (400-500 word maximum) explaining:
- Why you believe your child requires an international education like the one at OYIS/OYIHS
- Why you need financial support
- How you can support the school if your application is approved
- The scholarship committee will shortlist applications according to CSFG criteria.
- Shortlisted applicants will be contacted for an interview.
- the student and parent/caregiver for individual and group interviews.
- Students and families will meet with a minimum of three committee members.
- Questions about future goals, previous academic and social achievements, and support of the school will be asked.
- The scholarship committee will review the application and interview results.
- Final decisions will be based on the family’s need and interview results.
- Decisions will be communicated to families by June.
- Based on the determination of the scholarship committee findings, scholarships ranging from 25 - 100% will be officially decided by the Osaka YMCA governing board during its June board meeting.
- Scholarships will be offered to successful candidates for the 2019-2020 school year.
- Scholarships are renewable annually based on academic achievement, support of school objectives, and engagement.
- Annual interviews will be held with scholarship recipients and decisions on renewal will be made before the end of March each year.
Scholarship Committee Members:
- Marc Mesich - OYIS Vice Principal / OYIHS Director
- Dwayne Primeau - OYIS Principal
- Kiyokazu Shoji - OYIS Director / OYIHS Assisting Director
- Monique Palmer - OYIS MSP Coordinator / OYIHS Vice Principal
- Steve Duex - OYIS Vice Principal
- Brendan Oleary- OYIS Primary Years Programme Coordinator