916. Because what America needs above all at a time when most Americans could not come up with enough cash to pay a $500 emergency plumbing bill is an electric car that costs 40 percent more than an otherwise equivalent non-electric car. This is a measure of the brain-rot which cripples the country.
Meanwhile, Zotye offers a sub-$10,000 car – the five-door Z100.
It’s actually sub-$9,000.
This car – which has AC, power windows and locks – stickers for about $8,800 in the export markets where it’s already available. It costs about $5,200 less than the least expensive equivalent cars you can buy right now – models like the just under $14k Mitsubishi Mirage (reviewed here).
917. If I break down and buy a car, the Zotye looks like a winner.
921. "Second, people are increasingly interested in being their own boss. Being your own boss takes discipline. Self-made millionaires tend to have one big trait in common: they make decisions, hold themselves accountable and push through in the face of challenges. A side hustle is a great way to try out being your own boss and see if you have those skills before fully stepping out on your own."
At Walkabout Solopreneur, it's all about eliminating the boss and tapping into becoming the person you want to be. You don't have to boss yourself into taking actions that improve your life.
922. Becoming the hero of your life.
923. I feel way too stupid, but I now have a good way to watch videos, record my notes on Notepad++, and post online. I should be able to do the same thing in Kindle Unlimited.
924. One thing I love best about the Internet is the ability to instantly search for things I don’t know. It could be the definition of a word I came across, or the full cast of a favorite movie.
Here is a word I just looked up:
I doubt I will ever have to use it in a sentence, but every bit of brain stretching at age 65 is a plus.
925. “Governments are beginning to ignore biology and permit people to make their sex optional. Sex can be changed on one’s birth certificate, passport, Social Security card and driver’s license. In New York, intentional or repeated refusal to use an individual’s preferred name, pronoun or title is a violation of the New York City Human Rights Law. If a person born with XY chromosomes asserts that he is a woman, then repeatedly addressing the person by the name on his birth certificate, referring to the person as “him” or addressing him as “Mister” violates the law and subjects the villain to heavy penalties. The law requires acknowledgment that sex is optional rather than a biological determination.”
This is what started Jordan Peterson on his way to fame and fortune. He refused to obey a similar Canadian law compelling certain pronouns.
926. I’ve taken to reheating leftover coffee to keep me awake on my night shift. I’m not a coffee buff, so to nuke it is to love it.
927. Practicing minimalism with your possessions has been a trend for the past decade, and it can be a worthy practice, as long as you use it as a means to greater efficacy outside your personal domain, rather than just an end in itself. But there’s arguably a minimalism practice that’s even more effective in achieving that greater efficacy: digital minimalism.
929. The lesson: Be wary of debt. Because it is not simply a financial matter. It can be a spiritual matter as well. For to owe can mean to be owned. It can mean that you’ve given up the little bit of control you have in the world and handed it over to a capricious or an insensitive person—or just somebody who values their money more than they value you.
930. The 19th-century lawyer and abolitionist Lysander Spooner made heads explode when he said the Constitution bound no one, since nobody alive in his day had signed it.
Fuck you money is cash in your bank, or buried in mason jars under the back porch, that gives you the ability to tell that asshole boss where to go. As an IBM*, if you don’t have your FU stash, start today with your side hustle.
Fuck you money gives you power, personal freedom, and independence.
Debt is a stash killer. I’m not saying don’t build your FU money until you are totally out of debt. Most of us have something hanging over our heads, and time is not on our side.
I think downsizing your personal stuff is also a part of building your stash. Get rid of any assets that cost you money. And don’t buy more stuff until you are ready to go abroad.
Start your side hustle with multiple streams of income. You probably don’t know at this time what will pay off for you as a Walkabout Solopreneur. What I do recommend is that at least part of your side hustle be online, especially affiliate marketing to begin.
Other definitions include:
“Definition: A way for a company to sell its products by signing up individuals or companies ("affiliates") who market the company's products for a commission”
“Affiliate marketing is an advertising model where a company pays compensation to third-party publishers to generate traffic or leads to the company’s products and services. The third-party publishers are referred to as affiliates and the commission fee incentivizes them to find ways to promote the company.”
Read more: Affiliate Marketing Definition | Investopedia https://www.investopedia.com/terms/a/affiliate-marketing.asp#ixzz5RIqr4oO1
Follow us: Investopedia on Facebook
“Affiliate marketing is an online sales tactic that lets a product owner increase sales by allowing others targeting the same audience – “affiliates” – to earn a commission by recommending the product to others. At the same time, it makes it possible for affiliates to earn money on product sales without creating products of their own.”
“The cost to the customer purchasing the product or service through an affiliate is the same as buying directly from the product owner.”
“While product owners make less money per sale because they must pay a percentage of the sale to the affiliate, they are also reaching potential customers they probably wouldn’t reach on their own.”
If you’re a retiree, or about to retire, looking for some additional income to build your stash, or an IBM* looking for recurring income to fund your international travels, affiliate marketing could be just what you’re looking for.
Reasons you want to include affiliate marketing in your side hustle:
1. You can earn money online no matter where you are in the world.
2. You can start earning money today.
3. By promoting products for other companies, you can learn Internet marketing and copywriting which will help you immensely if you decide to sell your own products or services.
5. If you have special expertise in a particular area, you can become the world’s expert and make sales anywhere on the planet with Internet. With affiliate marketing, it’s possible to work from just about anywhere. And with free WiFi, that means pretty much everywhere.
6. No overhead. You can start promoting affiliate products in minutes without office space, rent, employees, utilities, licenses, permits, or more. The merchant takes care of processing order, issuing refunds, shipping and handling, and customer service.
7. You’re ‘open all hours’. Since you don’t have a fixed place of business, you can take the affiliate marketing programs with you wherever you go. Increase your brand identity the sales and marketing.
8. If you are still employed, use your program as a second stream of income to supplement your salary.
9. Most affiliate merchants provide you with marketing materials like banners, ads, email copy, and even videos.
10. Affiliate marketing is the ultimate scalable business. I can’t think of a single business or service that does not have an affiliate program somewhere. Millions of products are available for you to promote. Master one, or master many.
When you travel internationally, you can use your job as a way to deflect women from filtering you out as a sex tourist. You are just traveling on business, or at least she can tell herself that.
Depending on how lean you are now living, you can make cuts to expenses and salt it away for your stash.
Another side benefit of downsizing your TV bill is that it will encourage you not to watch TV at all. This alone can free up 2 to 5 hours a day to work on your business.
The hustle continues all out until you reach your breaking point. And then you go some more. Hustle will determine whether or not you live the rest of your life on your own terms. Talent helps, but it’s not enough without hustle.
It goes back to Yoda. Do or do not. There is no try.
If you are unhappy in your life or working situation, now is the time to make the move. You owe it to yourself to explore your options. The longer you remain on the corporate plantation, the harder it is to escape.
Modern corporations (except yours) in the West are not that different than slave owners from an earlier, evil era.
On top of being a wage slave, media bombards us with more advertising designed to make us want to buy stuff we don’t need to impress people we don’t like. We are brainwashed into accepting debt as a way of life and financing our lifestyles via plastic.
All of the debt accumulated by governments around the world should cause a major economic collapse in the future. But no one knows when. That’s why I recommend a few ounces of physical gold that could me the difference between living and starving when the shit hits the fan.
When you have your fuck you money, the rest of your life will be a vacation. You can chase your passion instead of making your boss’ dream come true. My passion is returning to the life of a perpetual traveler. I’m close.
Some MOB* Facts:
1. Mail order brides do not exist.
There is no mail. There is no order. You cannot simply buy a woman and take her home to America. Human trafficking is evil and illegal.
We use the term “mail order brides” because that is the popular term for international dating. It’s similar to people using the term cable tv to mean paid tv, even if they have a satellite dish. Mail order bride is a term with a long and honorable history in the United States, Canada, and Australia.
Men on the frontier were desperate for women to share the burden and make their fortunes. Banning the term, or not acknowledging it, which has occurred on many international dating sites, is a way to shame and put down many happy couples solely for having met on a dating site.
I believe that it is arrogant and hypocritical to judge these individuals based on nothing more than a traditional phrase that drives feminists crazy.
2. International brides do not mean prostitutes.
The Internet has changed mail order brides forever. Men and women can learn a great deal about each other before meeting in her country.
The women who post profiles on international dating sites are searching for love, respect, and a happy life. Many are struggling to raise children alone, or fighting off their boss’ sexual advances to keep their jobs.
If you travel on a romance tour, you may find some working girls who attempt to infiltrate the socials. You will be able to tell. No self-respecting woman is going to ask you for any money for anything, and only in the rarest of cases will she end up in your bed the first night you meet.
One thing foreign women are always on the lookout for, and will avoid, are sex tourists. Make sure you don’t play the fool.
Who could have guessed that men and women sometimes have less than honorable intentions when looking for romance?
Mail order brides are no more likely to be scammers than women anywhere else in the world. The women on international dating sites are ordinary women who have the same desire as women everywhere – finding a great man.
You can be scammed by a girl in Russia, or one across town in Buttphuck, Iowa.
Relationships are hard. Guys that have no game at home are sitting ducks for failure at international romance.
If you have no clue about women, learn at home from a PUA master like Kezia Noble. Learn non-verbal clues so you can tell which women are into you, and which ones are not, no matter what country you are in.
Here is my Rule #1 for not getting scammed in international dating:
Never fails to protect.
4. Not green card whores.
The perceived value of a U.S. green card has been falling for decades - except in the minds of the American public and deluded politicians.
In most of the world where wars are absent, living standards are rising. Look at the wealth in China, or the exploding economy in Vietnam. There are many exciting places to live.
One way to tell if woman only wants a green card is to suggest you live in her country. What better way to ferret out her true intentions? If she doesn’t introduce you to her friends, or clear some space in a closet, maybe a green card is the motivation.
I see IBMs* becoming mail order husbands in the coming years for the excitement of living in a new culture and leaving the feminist bullshit pussy whipped American landscape behind.
5. Old fashioned romance.
America is not what it once was. June Cleaver is dead. (Barbara Billingsley died in 2010. June Cleaver has been dead a lot longer.)
I’m not one of those guys looking for a girl like the one that married dear old dad.
But I do miss old fashioned dating and getting to know an attractive woman without all of the bullshit rules that seem to be accepted by millenials. In colleges, it seems like any sexual activity has undertones of virtual rape.
One thing I always liked about going out with a girl in another country was language difficulties. Language can be used to obscure intentions as well as illuminate.
But body language does not lie. Does she move away when you try to whisper something in a crowded bar? Or does she lean in closer to hear?
When you are walking down a crowded street, does she move walk a step away, or take your arm and brace herself against the wind or cold?
Something like a touch on the shoulder can give you a hint of what is to come.
When not distracted by words, you can read her true intentions.
The Return of the Mail Order Bride
Traditional dating patterns have been destroyed by the Internet and cheap smartphones.
Old networks of family and friends that used to help men meet their women for marriage is not nearly as strong as it was. When I go on Facebook, I only see a handful of couples who married in high school and who are together today.
In the developed world, particularly in the United States, most men do not continue to live in the same city they grew up in. That eliminates childhood sweethearts.
Unless you stayed at home to work in the shipyard, you were probably not part of your civic or church community for long. I even know some men and women from high school that stayed and never married.
For many men, the main place to meet women is on the job. Not a bad place for teachers and health care workers, but not for many others. Whatever is left of workplace romance has been officially neutered by the #MeToo movement.
The modern mail order bride “industry” – now usually called international dating or marriage – has filled the void. I hate calling matchmaking an industry. What kind of bullshit is that?
International marriage agencies give Western men a chance to meet a far broader range of potential mates than traditional online dating sites like Match.com. And the quality of the women is beyond belief.
Men and women are both looking to create a rich, happy life. For many, that is easier overseas than in their home country.
Many of the countries where mail order brides come from have almost no laws against domestic violence. In other countries, they have limited career opportunities even with advanced degrees.
In some countries like Russia, women are forced to place a notation on their resumes if they are NOT willing to sleep with the boss.
When you consider all of the issues it is not surprising at all that so many women sign up to meet foreign men. Most want to marry a local guy, but in many countries, good jobs are not available to allow the men to support a family.
What is really surprising is that even more do not sign up.
For men from the U.S., Canada, and Australia, mail order brides present the best option for happiness. Many are older, like IBMs. Financial success may not have led to family success.
Of course, you have guys like me with 3 divorces under my belt.
Brides tend to be younger and more beautiful than the groom would be able to marry at home. The grooms tend to be financially successful and significantly older, often fifteen or twenty years older.
The basic facts are simple. Both men from economically developed nations and women from less developed regions benefit from the modern mail order bride industry. For whatever reason, people who don’t approve of these cross-cultural relationships try to shame and criticise those who take advantage of it.
At times, I think the racial component comes into play.
There are literally millions of women signed up at dating sites in Eastern Europe, Asia, and Latin America. Hundreds of thousands more are signed up in Africa and the Middle East. The Internet is a great equalizer.