Business Studies Teacher
This is an instructional role for a dedicated teaching professional whose main teaching assignment will be 10th standard IGCSE and 11th/12th Standard A-Level Business Studies.
What is Avasara Academy?
Avasara Academy is a nonprofit institution located in Lavale Valley, just outside Pune, India. We are an all girls school with a mission to empower girls of promise to lead lives of distinction and impact. Avasara Academy currently enrolls 350 students in standards 6-12 and will eventually have an enrollment of 500.
Students engage in our specialized curriculum that combines the academic excellence of the Cambridge curriculum with a focus on leadership, entrepreneurship, and Indian studies. Students participate in hands-on leadership and real-world experiences culminating in either an entrepreneurial business or social initiative that serves as a platform for their leadership development. Avasara will continue to nurture these leaders throughout their lives by connecting them to powerful networks of people and capital that can facilitate large-scale change. Avasara Academy, therefore, is not just a school but a life-long network that will cultivate innovative, entrepreneurial leaders.
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Develop a rigorous, engaging and relevant curriculum for Business studies based on the IGCSE, AS and A level examinations by Cambridge International Education.
- Document curricula, lesson plans and assessments accurately and clearly.
- Accurately develop and clearly document curricula, lesson plans and assessments.
- Proactively build a healthy school culture that supports students' academic, extra-curricular, cultural and socio/emotional needs and values all staff members, students, families, visitors and supporters.
- Contribute to setting departmental goals and enhancing coordination across the curriculum.
- Ensure that all students make appropriate progress in learning in a safe and positive learning atmosphere.
- Promote a vibrant extracurricular environment.
- Ensure an effective advisory program.
- Ensure that disciplinary guidelines are fairly and consistently applied.
- Provide for transparent, constructive and ongoing evaluation of self and peers.
- Communicate with students, teachers and parents about student progress.
- Work in partnership with the leadership and instructional team to achieve school objectives.
- Serve and lead committees as required.
Ideal Candidate Profile:
- You have experience teaching Business Studies or a have a strong understanding of the subject.
- Willing to assist in teaching some classes in Leadership, Entrepreneurship and India Studies.
- You are fluent in English. Proficiency in Hindi and/or Marathi (or a willingness to learn) is a plus.
- You have excellent interpersonal skills.
- You think creatively to identify solutions to problems.
- You are extremely driven and flexible with your working hours.
- You are a highly reflective practitioner.
- You embody the very type of leader the Academy aspires to create—you are an agent of positive change, and live up to our values of Integrity, Reflection, Empathy, Excellence, Interdependence, Fortitude, and Optimism.
- You believe wholeheartedly in the mission and vision of Avasara Academy.
- M.A./M.Ed./MBA degree or equivalent preferred.
- English language fluency is required.
- Experience with a range of teaching practices.
- Experience teaching in a student-centered classroom environment.
- Experience with IGCSE / A-Levels.
- Experience of participating in teams comprised of individuals from diverse ethnic, cultural, and national backgrounds.
- Experience with exceptional independent or international school programs preferred.
- Experience using data to drive instruction.
- Experience with standards-based instruction and grading preferred.
Location: Pune, India
Start Date: May 2020
To Apply: Email email@example.com with a CV or resume and cover letter detailing your experience and interest in the position