Jefferson County Democrats General Membership Meeting
April 24, 2018
Chair: Marty Gilmore
Recording Secretary: Julia Cochrane assisted by Celeste Bennett
Call to order: 7:32 PM
- Finance Committee Chair vacancy announced with a call for qualified applicants to contact Marty Gilmore, Deborah Pedersen, or Martin Ivers.
- Deb Pedersen presented an Account Review on behalf of the Finance Committee. Duly noted.
- Anti-Free Speech resolution presented by David Tonkin. At the request of the submitter, the resolution will be read and voted on tonight, requiring a ⅔ vote. M/S/C 31/9
- March for Our Lives resolution presented by Jan Sprague, to be read and voted on.
- Motion to amend adding a therefore clause, presented by Linda Sutton: prohibit sale of firearms to anyone under 21 years of age. M/S/F
- Motion to call the question. David Tonkin. M/S/C
- Resolution M/S/C unanimously.
- Motion to put data resolution policy on the agenda. Referred to John Collins, Parliamentarian. M/S/C
Good of the Order
- Motion: JCD copy the submitter of any resolutions passed by the JCD members on any emails to submit the resolution. Moved by David Tonkin. M/S/C.
Motion to adjourn M/S/C