IMPORTANT NOTICE & TRAVEL ADVISORY
Gourmet Systems LLC dba Michael Graham & Associates \ Graham Tours \ MGA Travel \ World Cruise Desk \ Cruise & Travel Expo kindly inform you of the following important information:
- As of February 3, 2020 (COVID-19, “Coronavirus”) is a known pandemic that is affecting travel worldwide, with continued impacts expected for travel worldwide. Client is fully aware of the current global Coronavirus COVID-19 virus outbreak, the current travel restrictions, and inherent risks involved if choosing to travel.
- Before departure to the United States, air passengers as of January 26, 2021, are required to get a viral test for current infection of COVID 19 within 3 days before their flight to the United States departs. CDC also recommends testing again 3 to 5 days after arrival and stay home for 7 days post travel. Passenger(s) must provide written documentation of the laboratory test results to airlines or provide documentation (paper or electronic) of having recovered from COVID 19. If a passenger does not provide documentation of a negative test or recovery or chooses not to be tested, the airline MUST deny boarding. Agency is in no way responsible for passenger testing. Airlines are not responsible for testing. Client understands that there is uncertainty regarding the availability of proper testing in destination countries with return to the United States.
- We understand that you are concerned about this ruling and have many questions. This is a very fluid situation. We highly encourage you to visit the CDC’s website and to read the entire order.
- Client understands that it is his/her responsibility to check the latest travel information and requirements regarding this virus outbreak with the CDC at https://wwwnc.cdc.gov/travel/notices and the TSA at https://travel.state.gov/content/travel/en/traveladvisories/ea/travel-advisory-alert-globallevel-4-health-advisory-issue.html
- Client understands that it is his/her responsibility to purchase travel insurance that includes coverage for all medical needs while traveling and trip cancellation or delay. Client understands that concerns or fear of travel are not a covered reason for cancellation relating to the Coronavirus/ COVID-19. Insurance claims will only be paid for covered reasons as stated in the insurance policy.
- Client holds agency harmless for his/her election not to purchase travel insurance or any denial of claim by travel insurer as it relates to COVID-19 or any other claim under the policy. Please note that insurance policies have a specific clause stating they do not cover epidemics and pandemics, especially when travel warnings are in place.
- Client understands that he/she is bound by the terms of the insurance policy as it relates to Coronavirus/COVID-19. Client is aware of all the travel warnings, travel restrictions and rules and understands the risks, is accepting of these and holds agency harmless for any travel restrictions, death, illness, cancellations by suppliers, hotels, airlines, cruise lines, tour agencies or any other travel provider, financial loss, quarantining rules or measures put in place at airports or destinations client is traveling through.
- Client further agrees to hold agency harmless for any financial penalties or fees imposed by the by suppliers, hotels, airlines, cruise lines, tour agencies or any other travel provider due to cancellations or postponements due to COVID-19 and agrees not to institute a credit card dispute or “charge back” for said legitimate penalties or fees. Additionally, we are not responsible for acts or omissions of suppliers or their failure to adhere to their own schedules, provide services or refunds, financial default, or failure to honor future trip credits. And we have no special knowledge about the financial condition of suppliers, and we have no liability for recommending a trip credit instead of a refund.
- Client is aware that additional screening procedures and restrictions may take place at airports and in public areas. Client is aware that these restrictions may include mandatory face coverings and/ or temperature checks in airports, hotels, cruise ships, trains or other means of transport. Client is aware that Immigration restrictions may be put in place before or during travel that may impede ability to enter or exit the destination as planned.
- Client is aware that it is his/her personal decision to travel and is doing so with full knowledge of current travel recommendations and travel restrictions with regards to the Coronavirus COVID-19 and takes full responsibility for his/her actions and the entire party booked under the lead passenger’s name with regards to this.
- If rebooking is requested, we will assist with obtaining any refunds due to rebooking trips using future cruise credits but we may, at our discretion charge a non-refundable fee for that service.
- We strongly recommend trip insurance and will provide a free quote. Please see https://mgatravel.com/whytravelnsurance & if you wish to decline or accept insurance you must sign & return the waiver.
- All passengers are responsible for traveling with the proper documentation, and the name on your documentation must exactly match the name on your reservation.
- We strongly recommend all passengers be in possession of a valid passport. When traveling abroad, most countries require that passports be valid for at least six (6) months beyond the date of your return to the U.S. or Canada. Your passport must be signed and have at least 3 blank pages. In some cases, countries may require visas to be secured prior to travel. It is your responsibility to ensure you have the proper travel documentation (passports, visas, identification, vaccinations, etc) in order to travel abroad. We strongly suggest confirming your travel documentation needs with the proper government agencies: www.travel.state.gov. Should you need assistance with passport or visa services, please visit a website for more information such as http://www.cibtvisas.com/nexion . Foreign nationals should contact their government for further details and requirements. Guests traveling without proper documentation may be denied boarding and will not be entitled to a refund.
- Privacy Notice (TSA Update: August 13, 2009): The Transportation Security Administration (TSA) requires you to provide your full name, date of birth, and gender for the purpose of watch list screening, under the authority of 49 U.S.C. section 114, the Intelligence Reform and Terrorism Prevention Act of 2004 and 49 C.F.R parts 1540 and 1560. You may also provide your Redress Number, if available. Failure to provide your full name, date of birth, and gender may result in denial of transport or denial of authority to enter the boarding area. TSA may share information you provide with law enforcement or intelligence agencies or others under its published system of records notice. For more on TSA privacy policies, or to review the system of records notice and the privacy impact assessment, please see the TSA website at www.tsa.gov.
- Port, Air, and Government taxes are subject to change at any time. Cruise Lines reserve the right to reinstate Fuel Surcharges at their discretion and without notice.
- Please be advised that many vendors, including most cruise lines, may add gratuity or other additional charges.
- Travel with entry into Canada (including many Alaska cruises) requires a passport and passengers with any past felonies or any type of DUI charges may be denied admission into Canada. Certain other countries may have similar policies please check!
- CDC UPDATE: the U.S. CDC upgraded their travel notice for Zika virus to Alert Level 2 (practice enhanced precautions), specifically for women who are pregnant and are traveling to the affected region. Please be sure to check the CDC for updates regarding this and other travel warnings. You can check for updates and immunization requirements at http://wwwnc.cdc.gov/travel/notices .
- Some countries require insecticide spraying of aircraft prior to a flight or while you are on the aircraft. In such cases, federal law requires that we refer to DOT disinsection website https://www.transportation.gov/airconsumer/spray
- Please add the email address from which this invoice was sent as a Safe Sender with your email program or set up a filter to mark it as not spam.
- Bundled trips that require us to collect payments and then pay the suppliers in advance may include a 3.5% service fee. If payment is made by check, we will discount this fee. Bundled trips including Graham Tours, bus trips and in-house hotel/transfer packages are non-refundable.
- TIMESHARE ADVISORY – When you arrive at your destination, even before you leave the customs area, you may be approached by many aggressive timeshare sales agents. Timeshare sales agents are very persistent and may entice you with offers of complimentary breakfasts, free transfers, discounted tours, etc., in exchange for your attendance at a presentation designed to sell their property. Timeshare selling can and does take place in many locations, including the airport, hotel lobbies, and even on the beaches and streets. These sales agents are in no way associated with your ground transportation operator or with MGA Travel. Please refer to your travel itinerary for information on how to identify your transfer company representative and where to meet them upon arrival at your destination. This will ensure that your transfer arrangements are handled professionally by the company contracted by MGA Travel. Most hotels have a timeshare division and these sales people also use aggressive tactics. MGA Travel strongly advises you to refrain from accepting free or discounted offers from sales agents as such offers require your attendance at an intense timeshare sales presentation. It is recommended that you do not participate in a timeshare presentation.
- Please note that we charge Professional Fees. https://mgatravel.com/profeeserviceagreement/ During your initial consultation, we will clearly outline which professional fees will apply before moving to the next step. This is calculated by evaluating the level of complexity concerning a number of factors: anticipated planning time, the number of travel components, research, particular suppliers, booking, and servicing your particular reservation. Should you wish to move forward after your initial consultation, we will collect 50% of the Professional Fee. Please note that for new bookings into one of our Bon Voyage Catalog trips, the Professional Fee has already been included in the pricing. Once you have committed to our services we design a customized itinerary, which will be presented to you for review. We will revise as needed (up to 5 amendments). Once we achieve the trip you have been hoping for, we will secure travel arrangements by placing supplier deposit(s) and collecting the balance of our Professional Fee per your credit card authorization.
- Before booking any international air we require copies of your passports. For domestic air with a return date prior to October 1st, 2021 you can provide your driver's license or state ID; for domestic travel with a return on or after October 1st, 2021, you must provide either your passport or a REAL ID driver's license.
- Airlines generally impose a baggage fee not included with the fare. You may be able to login to the airline website using the airline PNR (aka record locator or confirmation number) to select seats, purchase baggage, and more.
- For your convenience, at 24 hours prior to departure login to the airline website and print your boarding passes. If you are not able, you can accomplish this at the airport ticket counter. Make sure to bring a print out of your confirmation and the proper ID (a passport is recommended).
- Please be advised that any special amenities or events associated with your cruise or tour are for guests booked through MGA Travel only.
- MGA Travel is not responsible for travel cancellations or your personal financial loss; if you or your group or a group does not travel for any reason; the actions of travel suppliers; in the event of an act of God, war (whether declared or undeclared), terrorism, accident, natural disaster, outbreak of disease, pandemic, epidemic, force majeure, or other event or circumstance out of our control. MGA Travel acts merely and strictly as the agent in the travel transaction.
- For any cruise/land booking, whether under deposit, partially paid, or paid in full, the following situations are considered cancellations and penalties/fees will apply as noted below: changes to departure date; substitutions of itinerary; substitution of another person for original booked guest(s); changing to a promotional fare; you request the booking to be cancelled; or the guest(s) on the reservation do not actually travel.
- All cancellations must be in writing and can be done at https://mgatravel.com/cruisecancellation/ . Travel Insurance is strongly recommended and will be quoted for you upon request. There is a $100 per person Agency Cancellation Fee under these guidelines. Also, each supplier will have a Guest Cancellation Schedule or Policy that will appear on the supplier confirmation that will outline their penalty or fee for cancelling.
- Our Professional Fee is non-refundable once collected. If you cancel your reservation after deposit, you will not receive a refund of the Professional Fee.
- Satisfaction Guarantee: If you are not 100% satisfied with our services after your travel has completed, we will refund the Professional Fee but not any other payments..
- I understand that I have requested to travel during the time of a pandemic, and also that it is possible that another outbreak could occur. I understand that there is a possibility that I may become infected with Covid-19. I also understand that quarantines may be required during my travel, that attractions, hotels, events, and borders may be closed; and that my travel plans might be affected. I understand that it is possible that I am not able to travel at all.
- As the worldwide COVID-19 coronavirus pandemic remains ongoing at this time, I acknowledge that for this reason, and other reasons not reasonably foreseeable at this time, these travel plans may be interrupted or cancelled by the supplier that is providing them, a government entity or other third party over which Agency has no control.
- I further acknowledge that the supplier’s own cancellation, rebooking and refund policies, subject to any applicable law that is now or may later be in effect, will govern my rights and remedies, including my right to receive a refund, in such an event. Moreover, I understand that should I elect to purchase travel insurance, the terms of the policy will dictate whether, and to what extent, coverage for any financial loss may exist under the circumstances.
- I understand and accept that vendor penalties, terms and conditions may apply. I understand that if I voluntarily cancel a trip/sailing, and the vendor later suspends (cancels entirely) that same trip/sailing, any compensation offers that become available at that time will not apply to me retroactively. I understand that if I had a choice to accept either a future travel credit or a refund, that this choice is final and cannot be changed later. I understand that if a future travel credit is selected and applied to a future trip, and then that trip is canceled, my only option will be another travel credit.
- I understand and accept that certain MGA Travel components that include tours, transfers, hotels, or motorcoach packages are nonrefundable, including Graham Tours. They remain nonrefundable even if another related component of the overall itinerary, such as a cruise or vacation package, is suspended (canceled entirely) by the vendor or voluntarily cancelled by myself. I further understand and accept that if I voluntarily cancel any travel component(s), that I cannot retroactively change that decision, even if another party causes the cancellation in the future and/or offers a refund for that portion of the travel.
- I accept all of these as my personal responsibility and agree to release and hold harmless GOURMET SYSTEMS LLC DBA MICHAEL GRAHAM & ASSOCIATES \ GRAHAM TOURS \ MGA TRAVEL \ WORLD CRUISE DESK \ CRUISE & TRAVEL EXPO, or any agents or individuals representing the same, motorcoach charters, and our suppliers from any and all liability.
Michael Graham & Associates | Salem Shoppes #1 | 10764 SC 707, Myrtle Beach, SC 29588 | 843.279.0310 | mgatravel.com | MGA TRAVEL
Revision Effective Date 1/19/2021 Page of