AAWCC Oregon State Board Meeting Minutes
February 19, 2021 - 11am to 12pm
Members in Attendance: Lisa Fletcher-Gordon (VP - Finance), Sydney Frost (VP-OILD), Kristina Holton (VP-Registration); Lynn Irvin (Past - President), Donna Lewelling (President), Cherie Maas-Anderson (National Representative), Adrienne Ochs (VP-Summer Conference), Teri Olsen (President-Elect), Lydia Rediske (VP-Web Development), Lauren Smith (VP- Records), Donna Zmolek (VP-Communications), Amber Fultz (VP - Special Projects), and Irene Carillo (VP - Special Projects)
Meeting ID: 915 2479 0371
- Call to Order
- Agenda Changes and Additions
- Minutes Approval - October 16, 2020
- Ongoing Item: Treasurer Report
- February 22nd - OR AAWCC Ambassadors Meeting Spokesperson
- We are hoping the Oregon State Board could sponsor a Day of Dialogue and that local chapters could participate in our Day and/or do their own.
- We could spotlight and advertise through the Ambassadors Meeting.
- Defer to Ambassadors to nail down specific questions/prompts (see below), along with a chance to inform the selection of dates for DofD.
- A Toolkit has been provided from the National AAWCC.
- ACTION ITEMS: Adrienne/Lynn/Sydney: Pick a date and get feedback from Ambassadors
- Thursday, March 18th from 12pm to 1pm
- Friday, March 19th from 12pm to 1pm
- Wednesday, March 24th from 12pm to 1pm (Spring Break - Faculty Conflict)
- How has our work as women changed in light of the pandemic?
- What has your college done to address gender bias in recent months?
- What are doing to balance work and life?
- How have your priorities changed in the past year?
- Add a question re: the way a woman's appearance is tied into if her voice is heard or not - Something to consider in our new post-COVID remote world. i.e. Have you ever experienced feeling like your voice has not been heard based upon your appearance? Or re: RBG - How do you think her appearance and the expectations of how she looks informed her choices and approaches? Or defined her career? How do you think RBG's voice was affected by others' perception of her?
- Also keep the intent of Women’s Voting and Equal Rights in mind - Which prompts would be included that ties this in?
- How have the recent events affected your thoughts about voting rights, not only for yourself, for others?
- How have women uniquely continued to fight for equal rights and social justice?
- Initial idea is to facilitate a group discussion on Zoom - Depending on size, we could either ask feedback in the chat or just have a discussion.
- Host a Jamboard, so that folks can add in ideas ahead of time that could enrich the group discussion.
- We don’t want to include a formal AAWCC registration form for this event, but could do this through zoom, so everyone receives an individual zoom link.
- ACTION ITEMS: Teri will set up Zooms for the event
- ACTION ITEMS: Lauren will set up Jamboards for the event
- ACTION ITEMS: Lynn will work on promoting the event, once a date is selected - A “Save the Date” is needed and email to AAWCC members.
- We will likely still be on travel restriction for this Summer 2021 - Will likely have continued postponement, until Summer 2022.
- Adrienne and Amber are working on this - Should consider a Save the Date for March
- Will be held on July 15, 2021
NEXT MEETING TOPICS:
March 12, 2021
- Final Prep for Day of Dialogue
- Discussion: Future of OILD?
- Continued Summer Conference Planning
- Initial Fall Conference Planning