Covenant for In-Person Participation
Last updated on July 27, 2022
This covenant is created in response to the Coronavirus Disease 2019 (COVID-19) and contains the guiding principles that support relationships and commitments made among Rise Up Chorus (RUC), the Artistic and Administrative Team, and any independent contractors, vendors, or guests as we seek a path to return to outdoor in-person singing activities. It also outlines the mitigation tools and protocols we are implementing at this time.*
As an organization, Rise Up Chorus agrees to prioritize the health and safety of all individuals by:
- Enforcing the agreements, expectations, and protocols outlined in this Covenant.
- Providing hand sanitizer for use upon entry to and exit from rehearsals.
- Implementing a Contact Tracing system complete with timely notification about any exposure.
- Providing ways for singers who miss an in-person activity due to illness or health concern to make-up the material covered via an audio or video recording and/or the live streaming of rehearsals.
- Following Center for Disease Control (CDC) and the New Jersey Department of Health (NJDOH) guidelines regarding notification about COVID-19 cases involving RUC participants and the Artistic and Administrative Team within the limits of privacy laws and regulations. RUC will maintain confidentiality.
As a member of an RUC performing ensemble, I agree to uphold and abide by the following to do my part to prevent the spread of COVID-19:
- We will follow all state and local masking requirements, as well as any requirements set forth by our venues.
- We are not currently requiring proof of vaccination for participation.
- Masks are not currently required of our singers, guests, or audience at this time; however, anyone may wear a mask if they feel more comfortable doing so. If circumstances change and a mask is required at any time,
- your nose and mouth must be covered.
- there should be no gaps on the sides.
- it should fit tight around the edges.
- it must be made of multi-layered material (two or more layers).
- we ask that if you need to remove your mask for any reason you leave the rehearsal space to do so.
- You will stay home from in-person activities when ill or displaying symptoms that could cause concern or raise anxiety among participants and staff
- (i.e. excessive coughing, sneezing, runny nose)
- Stay home when exhibiting any symptoms associated with COVID-19
- shortness of breath
- muscle pain
- sore throat
- loss of taste or smell
- nausea or vomiting
- If you have had close contact with someone who has tested positive, you agree to not attend any in-person event (rehearsal, performance, social event, etc.) for 5 days following contact, and you will self-monitor for symptoms and test on day 5 following contact.
- If testing positive for COVID-19, you will not attend any in-person event (rehearsal, performance, social event, etc.) for 10 days after the onset of illness or a positive test, whichever comes first.
- Adhere to all other the CDC recommended practices around mitigating the spread of infectious diseases
*As the body of information regarding effective mitigation of COVID-19 grows, we reserve the right to revisit and amend this document (in writing) at any time to reflect the most up to date medical and epidemiological information and scientific research.
BEFORE EVERY REHEARSAL OR GATHERING, PLEASE SELF-CHECK THE FOLLOWING:
- Is your temperature 100°F or higher today?
- Have you had a temperature of 100°F or higher or had a fever in the last 24 hours?
- Do you have a new or worsening cough?
- Are you having trouble breathing that cannot be explained by an existing condition, like asthma?
- Do you have new or worsening body aches that can’t be explained by other activities?
- Do you have a sore throat, different from your seasonal allergies?
- Are you experiencing loss of taste or smell?
- Are you experiencing diarrhea, vomiting or nausea?
- Have you had close contact with anyone suspected of having or confirmed to have COVID-19?
If you answer yes to any of the above questions, you may not participate in any in-person rehearsals or gatherings. You may attend virtually.
By registering to sing with us in-person you have indicated your intention to participate in in-person activities and uphold the expectations stated within. By registering, you acknowledge that failure to adhere to the terms set forth in this document are grounds for removal from in-person activities.
If you do not agree to any portions of this covenant for any reason, you may register to sing with Rise Up Chorus and participate in virtual rehearsals and performances.