Projected DREAM-Math Schedule
(Four semesters, summer/fall/spring/summer)
Summer #1 (ten-week semester, begins mid-May through early August)
- CTSE 6040, Technology and Applications in Secondary Math Education (4)
- MATH 6850, Functions and Mathematical Modeling for Teachers (3 credit hours)
- (If not previously completed): MATH 2660, Topics in Linear Algebra (3)
- (If not previously completed): STAT 3010, Statistics for Engineers and Scientists (3)
Fall Semester (begins mid-August through early December)
- *CTMD 6010, Teaching Mathematics: Middle School (4)
- *CTSE 6030, Teaching Mathematics: High School (4)
- STAT 6830, Statistics and Probability for Teachers (3)
- MATH 6860, Geometry for Teachers (3)
- (If not previously completed): MATH 3100, Introduction to Advanced Mathematics (3)
* Course includes field experiences in local schools.
Spring Semester (begins early January through early May)
- *CTSE 7970, Clinical Residency (9): A full-time internship in a secondary school.
- CTSE 6230, Clinical Residency Seminar (1)
- RSED 6000, Adv. Survey of Exceptionality (3)
* Fellows will follow the school calendar for the semester. Most schools begin the semester early January.
Summer #2 (five-week semester, begins mid-May through the end of June)
- MATH 6840, Number Systems and Algebra for Teachers (3)
- MATH 7970, Seminar on History of Math (1)