Thoughtful artists are on a constant journey of growth, seeking to expand their creativity, improve their quality and to push their ability. elite Dance & Theatre is a company full of artists on that journey together.
We offer a unique program for apprentices, where they are given the opportunity to train and perform alongside our professional artists. This program offers our apprentices a greatly reduced price for class tuition (40% discount) at elite Dance and Theatre in exchange for their seasonal commitment to participate in elite Company productions.
elite Junior Company (JR CO) Requirements and Standards
- JR CO Membership is by audition or invitation only. The JR CO is a transitional opportunity for young artists before participating in the elite Company Apprenticeship program.
- JR CO Membership will be considered for students 9 -13 years of age and participating in Level 4 classes or higher.
- JR CO membership is for one season at a time. Members that remove themselves or are dismissed from the program must wait until the new season to request or be invited for membership.
- Class and Rehearsal schedule requires (2) Ballet classes, (1) Jazz class, (1) Tap class on company member’s assigned level and attendance to the JR CO class on Thursdays.
- Members may also be called to lower level classes during show rehearsal months as demonstrators, soloists or partners. JR CO Apprentices will attend classes and rehearsals on assigned days and times.
- JR CO members are also eligible to demonstrate in lower level classes. This privilege is for second year or more members that display faithfulness, maturity and hard work in their own classes. Demonstrating assignments will be given by the JR CO director, but we encourage members to let us know that they would like to be considered for an assignment.
- Participation in all Youth Program seasonal shows and events is mandatory in order to maintain apprenticeship with the company.
- Apprentices are expected to show respect for their art form, their instructors, elite office workers, production crew, and their company.
- Apprentices are expected to behave with the highest professionalism: work hard, be on time, be responsible, be respectful, be dependable. Professionalism will be displayed in the studio, in the theatre and on social media.
- elite Dance & Theatre will not allow disruptive attitudes or behavior from company members, apprentices or their families.
Company Expenses and Discounts
- Monthly Tuition. JR CO Apprentices receive a 40% discount off of the full price for their class schedule. Tuition is paid June through May. Summer Tech Week (intensive) costs will be the same as normal monthly tuition.
- Yearly Seasonal Registration fee
- Show Registration fees
- Dance supplies (please see dress codes for Ballet, Jazz, Tap)
- Shows suppllies: some shows require additional footwear and costume basics (black dance shorts, clothing items from your closet)
Summer Technique Week
All company apprentices will attend a mandatory Summer Technique Week in June of each season. 2018 dates are June 25th-29th, 2018. Dancers unable to attend the week of the intensive will be required to register for the intensive and then schedule (6) Private Lessons in June or July as their make up.
Company Shows and Activities
*please refer to website calendar for specific dates
Kids Theatre Project (JR CO) Workshop and Show in July. **KTP registration costs are inlcuded in July monthly tuition
elite Kids Holiday Showcase (JR CO) Rehearsals in classes September-December, shows in January
Performing Arts Trip to Walt Disney World - March
Tap, Rattle and Roll! Open House (Tap Students) Rehearsals: January-April, Open house in May
elite Kids Showcase Spring Showcase (JR CO) - Rehearsals in classes, JR CO rehearsals March-May, show in May
Show Participation Requirements
- Casting for elite Kids Shows will be by class or will be assigned by the director and choreographers. Consideration is given to work ethic in class along with current skills, ability and availability.
- JR Company members are expected to attend classes and rehearsals. Members are asked to give the director their availability (excused absences) for each show before casting.
- Members are responsible for being caught up when returning from an excused absence.
- An unexcused absence may result in removal from the cast.
- All run throughs are mandatory. Approval for a missed run-through must be submitted and approved by the director before casting. Scheduling conflicts given after initial casting will be reviewed by the director for consideration as to whether member will remain in their assigned role(s).
- All dress rehearsals and company tech days at the theatre are mandatory, NO exceptions. If a member cannot be in the theatre all scheduled days, they will be removed from the cast, but will be expected to participate on the production crew in order to maintain their company membership.