At least 1–2 years of experience working with children required. Experience working with groups of children preferred. (Ex:classrooms, daycare, camp, after-school program, childcare, etc.).
Hourly rate will be based on experience and education.
After-School Program hours will start at school dismissal until 5:30 p.m. Monday–Friday.
Before-School Program hours will be from 7 to 7:45 a.m. Monday– Friday.
- Ability to demonstrate effective and appropriate teaching and discipline styles.
- Ability to adjust teaching methods to meet the needs of students.
- Ability to demonstrate strong organizational skills.
- Dependable, reliable work/volunteer history.
- Available to work all days of program.
- Able to commit to full program year.
- Reliable transportation to and from program site.
- Reliable daily communication method—either phone or email.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Assist Site Lead to implement daily programming.
- Assist with and lead activities designed to enhance the health, emotional, social, intellectual, and physical development of children enrolled in the program
- Assist with homework help
- Ensure the safety of the children in program at all times
- Enforces all school rules. Follow the policies and procedures of TCLC and Helping Services
- Act as a role model for participating youth. Dress appropriately according to employee handbook
- Work as a team with other Helping Services and TCLC staff and school staff
- Demonstrate positive, high energy, and interaction
- Effectively communicate with Site Lead, co-workers, parents, and program director as needed
- Resolve student situations—behavioral, first aid, and emotional
- Show up on-time for program (usually 15 minutes before school dismissal)
- Maintain the confidentiality of all participating children, families, and co-workers
- Be responsible for the care of all equipment the children use
- Maintain professional relationship with the children, parents, and co-workers
- Complete general housekeeping to make sure the area is left clean for the next program/class
- Treat all children, parents, co-workers, and school district staff with dignity and respect
- Other duties as requested by the Site Lead or Program Coordinator