Sophomore Planning Calendar
Follow us on Twitter @GCISDGoCenters
Visit the Go Center page at
- Verify or create an appropriate e-mail address for use with college-related correspondence
Community and Activities
- Continue your participation or become a member of the Ambassador Program
- Information and contracts can be found on the GHS Website
- Membership Agreement form must be submitted before hours are accepted
- Track and document your extracurricular activities and volunteer activities, include the following information: (Activity Forms available at the Go Center)
- name of group or organization
- a description of your activities
- how many hours a week/month/year you are involved
- dates when you were active in the organization
- any offices you have held
- any awards you have received
- Register at Collegeboard.org and act.org in preparation for the SAT and ACT college entrance exams
- Consider options for self study or assistance with the college entrance exams ACT/SAT
- Explore the differences between the ACT and SAT-it is recommended to plan on taking each at least once in order to be able to decide which is your preference
College Research and Interests:
- Visit with the scheduled college representatives during the lunch hours
- Research careers you might be interested in, and identify what education you will need after high school. We have information available to you in the Go Center
- Research college profiles and what they look for in high school graduates.
- Attend the GCISD College Fair every year.
- If you have older siblings, consider joining them on their college visits.
- ASVAB Testing is required for the military however it is a great test to identify some possible careers
- Consider Pre-College Summer Programs in your fields of interest
- It is never too early to seek scholarships. Visit the GCISD scholarship website here for opportunities
We encourage you to use the resources available to you and to come see us in the Go Center!