Sophomore Planning Calendar
Follow us on Twitter @GCISDGoCenters
Visit the Go Center page at
- Verify or create an appropriate email address for use with college-related correspondence
- Clubs/Activities: Get involved in and out of school
- Counselors have all in school activities listed on the wall
- Identify those activities and clubs that are a good fit for you
- Community/Volunteer Service: Ambassador Program
- Continue your participation or become a member
- Information and contracts can be found on the School Website
- Membership Agreement form must be submitted before hours are accepted
- Track and document your in/out of school activities, volunteer service, leadership roles, awards, recognitions and any paid jobs. Be sure to include the following information for each:
- name of group or organization
- a description of your activities
- how many hours a week/month/year you are involved
- dates when you were active in the organization
- any offices you have held
- any awards you have received
- Register at Collegeboard.org and act.org in preparation for the SAT and ACT college entrance exams
- Consider options for self study or assistance with the college entrance exams ACT/SAT
- Explore the differences between the ACT and SAT-it is recommended to plan on taking each at least once in order to be able to decide which is your preference
College Research and Interests:
- Visit with the scheduled college representatives during the lunch hours
- Research careers you might be interested in, and identify what education you will need after high school.
- Research college profiles and what they look for in high school graduates.
- Attend the GCISD College Fair every year.
- If you have older siblings, consider joining them on their college visits.
- ASVAB Testing is a great test to identify some possible career options. Administered in Fall & Spring
- Consider Pre-College Summer Programs at universities in your fields of interest
- It is never too early to seek scholarships. Visit the GCISD scholarship website here for opportunities
We encourage you to use the resources available to you and to come see us in the Go Center!